This article contains information regarding unaired episode(s) and/or project(s). It may contain SPOILERS which are subject to change at any time. Continue reading at your own risk and don't believe everything on this page.
|Season Five, Episode Twelve|
|First Aired||March 18, 2014|
"City of Angels"
100 is the twelfth episode of Glee's fifth season and the hundredth episode overall. It will be split into two parts. The first part of the episode will air on March 18, 2014. The second part will air on March 25, 2014. Filming began on December 19, 2013 and part one wrapped on January 27, 2014 Source
- Following the loss at Nationals and the subsequent and imminent disbanding of the glee club by Principal Sue, former gleeks return to McKinley to celebrate their shared history, and reflect on what the past one-hundred lessons have meant to them. Included in the returning throng are dueling divas Rachel and Mercedes who, despite each making great strides in their own fields seem determined to revive an old feud; a new-and-improved Puck who, as a recent military inductee, is intent on impressing and possibly reconnecting with former girlfriend – and mother of his child - Quinn, but gets an unwelcome surprise in the process; MIT student and mathematical savant Brittany who, due to her uncanny though not wholly welcome natural talent for the science of numbers, believes she has irrevocably lost with her creative streak; and Broadway bad-girl and borderline alcoholic April Rhodes, who may have a fix to the doomed club’s problems… but not if Sue has anything to say about it. Source
- Current and past members of New Directions reunite for one final assignment - to reinvent their favorite performances. But these new versions of the series’ most iconic tracks should not be seen as goodbye to glee club. On the contrary, they are celebrations of what the club has meant to each and every member. Source
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sue Sylvester finally puts an end to the New Directions and many original members will return to say their goodbyes to Will Schuester. This will also be a two-part episode. Following this double episode, the rest of the season, after graduation, will take place only in New York. Source
Quinn, Biff, and Puck
- Quinn will have a new love interest named Biff. He is also a Yale student and kind of a "degenerate". Source
- Puck and Quinn will have a scene together. Source
- Quinn and Biff will kiss. Source
Brittany and Santana
- There will be a Brittana shocker. Source
- Brittany will play chess with people from MIT as human chess pieces. Source Source 2
April, Holly, and Sue
- There will be an April vs. Sue face-off. Source
- April and Holly will have many scenes together. Source
- Holly and Sue will be wearing matching tracksuits since they are going to be trying out for the Amazing Race together. Source
- There will be something significant with the Glee family regarding Cory/Finn's death. Source
- Amber was on set. However, this could be for City of Angels. (12/19) Source
- Heather and Naya were on set. (12/19) Source
- Harry, Heather, and Jacob were at dance rehearsal. (1/9) Source
- 19 cast members were at dance rehearsal. (1/10) Source
- Kurt and Mercedes will have a hallway scene together. Source
- Chace, Dianna, and Mark were on set. (1/13) Source
- Heather and Naya were on set, shooting a "Brittana shocker". (1/14) Source
- Amber and Chris were on set. (1/14) Source
- Lea and Mark were on set. (1/14) Source Source 2
- Amber, Becca, Blake, Chord, Chris, Darren, Dianna, Harry, Heather, Jacob, Jenna, Kevin, Kristin, Lea, Mark, Matthew, Melissa, and Naya were on set. (1/15) Source Source 2 Source 3 Source 4 Source 5 Source 6 Source 7
- Dianna, Harry, Heather, Lea, Matthew, and Naya were on set. (1/16) Source Source 2 Source 3 Source 4
- A scene involving MIT scientists and dancers that are playing high school human chess pieces has been filmed. (1/16) Source Source 2
- All of the cast were on set. (1/17) Source
- There will be a scene at Breadstix. Source Source 2 Source 3
- There will be a couple of "epic kisses". Source
- All of the cast were on set and filming two musical numbers. (1/20) Source
- Dianna, Heather, and Naya were on set filming a musical number. (1/20) Source Source 2 Source 3
- Lea was on set filming a musical number. (1/20) Source
- Amber, Chord, Gwyneth, Kevin, Lea, and Mark were at a dance rehearsal. (1/21) Source Source 2 Source 3 Source 4 Source 5
- Amber filmed two scenes. One of them was with Alex, Chord, Darren, Jenna, and Lea. (1/21) Source
- Becca, Gwyneth, Jenna, Kristin, and Melissa were on set. (1/22) Source Source 2 Source 3 Source 4
- Amber was on set filming a musical number with some "very special guests". (1/22) Source
- Amber was on set filming a scene with the "originals". (1/22) Source
- Gwyneth was on set. (1/23) Source
- A scene with Puck and Quinn was filmed. (1/24) Source
- Chris, Darren, Dianna, Jenna, Lauren, and Mark were on set. (1/24) Source Source 2 Source 3 Source 4 Source 5
- All of the cast were on set. (1/27) Source
- Part one wrapped. (1/27) Source Source 2
|Song Title||Original Artist||Performer(s)|
|Raise Your Glass||P!nk||April Rhodes and Will Schuester|
|Toxic||Britney Spears||Quinn Fabray, Brittany Pierce,|
and Santana Lopez
|Defying Gravity||Cast of Wicked||Kurt Hummel, Mercedes Jones,|
and Rachel Berry
|Valerie||The Zutons||Brittany Pierce and Santana Lopez|
|Keep Holding On||Avril Lavigne||Noah Puckerman|
|Happy||Pharrell Williams||April Rhodes, Blaine Anderson,|
Holly Holliday, Mercedes Jones,
and Will Schuester
- Glee: The Music, Celebrating 100 Episodes will be an album accompanying the music from New Directions and this episode, as a celebration of the show's special milestone. The album will be released March 25, 2014.
Special Guest Stars
- Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones
- Chace Crawford as Biff McIntosh
- Dianna Agron as Quinn Fabray
- Harry Shum Jr. as Mike Chang
- Heather Morris as Brittany Pierce
- Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson
- Mark Salling as Noah Puckerman
- The song selection for this episode was chosen by the fans through an online poll. Fans had to choose among thirty classic Glee performances, so that ten of them would later be featured on the episode. The list of all thirty songs which could be voted can be found here.
- With this episode, Artie will become the first character to appear in 100 episodes.
- This is the second episode title containing numbers, with Britney 2.0 being the first.
- This episode is also the first to contain only numbers in its title.
- At three characters, 100 is Glee's shortest episode title along with I Do.
- Dog Days Are Over was originally going to be sung in this episode by Holly Holliday, however it was changed to Happy for unknown reasons.
- This is the fourth episode ever to be written by all three co-creators, the other three being Pilot, Showmance, and The Quarterback.
- This is the first episode Brittany and Quinn appear in Season Five.