|This article is about A House Is Not a Home. You may be looking for the mash-up by April and Will.|
|A House Is Not a Home|
|Album:||Glee: The Music, Volume 3 - Showstoppers (Deluxe Edition) and Glee: The Music, The Complete Season One|
|Released:||April 27, 2010|
|Sung by:||Finn Hudson and Kurt Hummel|
|Place:||The Choir Room and Finn's living room|
A House Is Not a Home by Dionne Warwick is featured in Home, the sixteenth episode of Season One. It is sung by Finn and Kurt, and is later reprised in a mash-up by April and Will in the same episode.
This song is used for Finn and Kurt to help each other feel more at home when Burt Hummel and Carole Hudson start dating. Kurt begins singing it in the choir room to reassure Finn, who sings a short verse at home.
A chair is still a chair
Even when there's no one sitting there
But a chair is not a house and a house is not a home
When there's no one there
To hold you tight and no one there
You can kiss good night
A room is still a room
Even when there's nothing there but gloom
But a room is not a house and a house is not a home
When the two of us are far apart
And one of us has a broken heart
Now and then I call your name
And suddenly your face appears
Kurt (Finn in the episode):
But it's just a crazy game
And when it end it ends in tears
So darling have a heart
Don't let one mistake keep us apart
I'm not meant to live alone
Turn this house into a home
When I climb the stair and turn the key
Oh, please be there
Still in love with me
- This song has two versions. One in the episode, where Finn has two more lines, and the other is the released album version.
- This version is sung by Kurt and Finn, and is later reprised in a mash-up by April and Will in the same episode. This is currently the first and only time it happened on the show. However, in Season 4 Let's Have a Kiki/Turkey Lurkey Time is unmashed to only Let's Have a Kiki however, the later is not accompanied by a performance.
- This is the first and only Finn and Kurt duet in the series.
- This is one of the songs where someones part(s) in the studio version was sung by someone else in the show similar to: Imagine, One, Time Warp, The Most Wonderful Day of the Year, Landslide, You're the Top, You Get What You Give, Drive My Car, and You've Got To Hide Your Love Away.
- After Kurt finishes singing the song, when the camera focuses on him, you can see Jesse move his arm from behind Rachel and start to clap, when the camera focuses on Jesse and Rachel, Jesse moves his arm and starting to clap.