|Born:||August 20, 1992|
|Occupation:|| The Glee Project Contestant,|
Alexander Eugene Newell, born August 20, 1992, is a 22-year-old American actor and singer. He is known for his role on Glee as Unique Adams, and he was a runner-up along with Lindsay Pearce on the first season of The Glee Project.
Newell was born in Lynn, Massachusetts. His father died of cancer when he was six years old, at which point his mother raised him as a single parent. He graduated from Bishop Fenwick High School in 2012, where he was involved in his school's choir, improv club, costume club and also a member of his church choir. Newell was accepted into the Berklee College of Music for fall 2012, but he decided instead to move to Los Angeles to be on Glee when asked back for the fourth season.
He is gay, as revealed on The Glee Project.
He was discovered on The Glee Project and become the runner-up in the show's first season. Newell was originally supposed to be on Glee for a two-episode arc in the third season, but became a recurring character in the fourth season. He became a series regular in the fifth season.
He starred in Geography Club which was released on November 15, 2013.
Newell signed with Atlantic Records to release his debut album.
The Glee Project
- And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going (Audition Song)
- I Will Always Love You (Dance-ability)
- And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going (Tenacity)
- I Will Survive (Sexuality)
- His Eyes On the Sparrow (Generosity)
- I Am Changing (Glee-ality)
Solos (In Duets)
- Nowadays (Hannah) (Pairability)
- Valerie (Hannah) (Pairability)
Solos (In a Group Number)
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (Individuality)
- Firework (Individuality)
- Bad Romance (Theatricality)
- We're Not Gonna Take It (Theatricality)
- Please Don't Leave Me (Vulnerability)
- Mad World (Vulnerability)
- Hey, Soul Sister (Dance Ability)
- U Can't Touch This (Dance Ability)
- Need You Now (Pairability)
- Bulletproof (Tenacity)
- Under Pressure/Ice Ice Baby (Tenacity)
- Like A Virgin (Sexuality)
- Teenage Dream (Sexuality)
- True Colors (Believability)
- The Only Exception (Believability)
- Lean On Me (Generosity)
- SING (Generosity)
- Don't Stop Believin' (Glee-ality)
- Raise Your Glass (Glee-ality)
|2013||Platypus the Musical||Tatiana||Short film|
|2012||The Glee Project||Himself||Season 1|
|2012||Home & Family||Himself||2 episodes|
|2012–2015||Glee||Unique Adams|| Recurring (Season 3-4, 6)|
Regular (Season 5)
Links and Social Networks
- He, alongside Blake Jenner, are the only Glee Project alumni to be upgraded from recurring to regular cast status.
- He is the only Glee Project runner-up to become a regular Glee cast member.
- He initially auditioned for the competition performing And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going, which he performed once again as a last chance performance in the sixth episode.
- He performed in drag on The Glee Project, which was incorporated into his Glee character.
- He has been compared to Kurt and Mercedes.
- His voice typed is often confused with that of a Countertenor. However, he is in fact a sopranist, meaning he is a male who sings in the soprano range, an extremely rare voice type for males.
- His sign for Vulnerability week was "gay."
- He won an opportunity to guest star on two episodes of Glee's third season along with co-star Lindsay Pearce.
- His personal dream role on Glee is to play a love interest for David Karofsky. Source
- He loves it when people call him "Kurtcedes." Source
- The cast member he was most excited to meet was Lea Michele.
- He calls people/people call him "BooBooFace."
- He owns over 80 scarves, and considers them his favorite accessory.
- He was accepted into UC Berkeley (University of California, Berkeley).
- He was in his high school's choir and on his school's football team.
- His first concert was Barney Live when he was five years old.
- He cried when he knew he was coming back for Season Four of Glee.
- He ships Brittana over Bram. Source
- He got Darren Criss in 2012 Glee Cast Secret Santa.