|Born:||February 15, 1986|
|Occupation:||Actress, Dancer, Singer|
Riley auditioned for American Idol at age seventeen but didn't make it past producers.
She auditioned for the role as Effie White in Dream Girls but was passed over for Jennifer Hudson. Riley was casted as Mercedes Jones in 2008 and has had a main or recurring (or guest) role since 2009 on Glee.
Riley and Dancing with the Stars partner, Derek Hough, won the seventeen season in November 2013.
Riley, along with Ashley, launched an plus-sized online clothing boutique, "Rileyland Fashions," in January 2014.
|2009||The Teen Choice Awards 2009||Herself|
|2009||The Bonnie Hunt Show||Herself|
|2013||Dancing with the Stars||Herself|
- She auditioned for American Idol when she was 18, but she was rejected.
- She's best known for being the "prankster" in the Glee Cast.
- She's obsessed with shoes.
- She loves fish and had one for 3 years.
- She loves pizza.
- She had never been to New York until Glee sent her.
- She gets nervous before singing.
- When she heard about the Glee audition, she thought it was just a singing role.
- Amber has a tattoo of the "not of this world" (A Christian clothing company) logo on her wrist.
- She claims that her “life was made complete” when she performed for President Obama in 2010.
- She appeared on Barney & Friends as a child.
- She is obsessed with guys who have braces.
- One of her favorite things is Oprah.
- Her twitter name was originally MsAmberRiley, however, after her account was hacked, she deleted her account. She returned as MsAmberPRiley.
- Auditioned for Glee with And I'm Telling You, which song she also sung in Sectionals.
- Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy cast her in his failed pilot St. Sass; he later cast her in Glee.
- She used to work at the Ikea in Carson, California. They also had singing competitions for the employees and she always won.
- She's a light lyric soprano, with her range being F3-C6.
- She auditioned in 2006 for the movie Dreamgirls, but was turned down because of her age.
- Chord Overstreet thinks that she is the best singer he has ever heard.
- Before the panel presentation on Tuesday May 1, she fainted on the red carpet.
- Like Naya Rivera, she is also working on a solo album. Music producer Adam Anders who produces Glee's music will also be producing hers.
- She appeared on American Idol winner, Fantasia's new album, Side Effects of You.
- She appeared in the 17th season of Dancing With the Stars, and was announced the winner alongside Derek Hough. She is the first African American woman to win Dancing With the Stars.
- She cowrote The Saturday's "Leave A Light On", which is on their album Living For the Weekend.
As long as you are being true to yourself, you will always find happiness.
I have great friends around me that are positive and I think that's the key to life is making your own path. Set your own rules because there is no set rule, there is no set look, there is no set anything. You make your own rules in your life. You make your own decisions.
I love myself.
I want to encourage young women to stand up for each other and speak up when they see others in a tough situation.
Shine from the inside out, work on being a person. Don't put so much effort in the outside. Put SOME effort but not at all! Source
- Amber Riley's Tumblr