|Born:||January 18, 1986|
Rebecca Tobin, also known as Becca Tobin, born January 18, 1986, is an American actress. She currently portrays Kitty Wilde on Glee, making her first appearance in the first episode of Season Four, The New Rachel.
Becca grew up in Marietta, Georgia as the youngest of two girls and the daughter of two attorneys. She was a cheerleader in seventh and eighth grade, but says it wasn't for her and did dance after that. She transferred schools halfway through her senior year. Having transferred from a theater arts school to a public one, she began to get bullied by girls who called her "theater freak" and "nerd." They told her she would never become successful or a star, and one girl threatened to beat her up. She also received harsh text messages and her only friend began to ignore her. Because of the bullying, she began skipping school events, like pep rallies, and didn't walk at her graduation. She supports anti-bullying and is the female spokesperson for Bullyville. She graduated from Wheeler High School in 2004. She is an alumnus of AMDA, a performing arts college.
She is in a relationship with Matt Bendik.
CareerThe first time Becca stepped on stage was at age four as a Christmas tree in her school's holiday pageant. She moved to New York when she was eighteen to get working right away. She has worked on Broadway as an understudy and replacement for the musical Rock of Ages. She's done other small theater projects, though most of them were as an understudy, and toured with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in 2011.
She plays Kitty Wilde in the Fox television show Glee. Tobin made her first appearance in the fourth season premiere episode, The New Rachel, and was a regular recurring guest star for the season. It has been reported that she will be a member of the show's main cast in the fifth season. Glee is her first big project.
She was chosen, along with fellow Glee cast members Jacob Artist, Melissa Benoist, and Dean Geyer as an ambassador for Coca Cola's new product, P10 300 ml Coke Mismo. In June 2013, they were flown to Manila, Philippines to endorse the product by visiting different malls and meeting with fans.
|2009-2011||Rock of Ages||Multiple roles||Broadway musical|
|2009||Wiener & Wiener||Heather||Episode: "Beyonce's Walk-In Closet"|
|2012–present||Glee||Kitty Wilde||Recurring (Season 4)|
Regular (Season 5)
|2013||Watch What Happens: Live||Herself||Episode: "Shirley Manson & Becca Tobin"|
|2013||Master Chef||Herself||Season 4: Episode 10|
I wasn't always great at coping with bullying, but I learned over the years. I would sometimes get so sick of being bullied that I would gain courage to strike back at my antagonists, which rarely made me feel better. I definitely had to learn to rise above the animosity or I would have crumbled into a million pieces.
People say things they would never have the courage to say in person, and it gets really cruel sometimes. Even now, being on the show, I deal with a lot of people saying really mean things to me on Twitter, but I know if I ever met these people that they would never be able to say these things to my face. Or I hope they wouldn't. When I read these things, I just wish so badly that people could be more sensitive and know how much words can hurt.
- She was a fan of Glee before she joined the cast.
- Her father is Jewish.
- Naya Rivera gave her the best advice out of the original cast members, which was always know your lines and be on time.
- Her favorite reality show is The Real Housewives, and she prefers the Beverly Hills and New York shows.
- Her guilty pleasure is anything that has chocolate.
- She was starstruck when she met Ellen Barkin at a party of Ryan Murphy's.
- She spent Thanksgiving of 2012 with Jane Lynch, who invited people who were not able to make it home for the holiday.
- She would like to sing country songs on the show. The Dixie Chicks and Miranda Lambert are her favorites.
- Her favorite singer is Celine Dion, which is also her guilty pleasure.
- Her favorite A-list couple is Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux.
- The best gift she ever received for Christmas was her dog Sophie from her parents seven years ago.
- She is a fan of Grease.
- Her parents are both attorneys and her older sister also grew up to be an attorney.
- She thinks Kitty is a mix of Quinn and Santana.
- Her dog Sophie has a tumor.
- Her audition song for Glee was I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry.
- One of her most embarrassing moments on the set of Glee was during shooting for Sadie Hawkins. She tripped in front of a lot of people.
- Her favorite Lady Gaga song is You and I.
- She prefers action movies to scary movies.
- Her favorite thing about Kitty is her attitude.
- She prefers pancakes to waffles.
- Her favorite food are French fries.
- Twix are her favorite candy bar.
- Greece is a place she's always wanted to visit.
- Although her character Kitty is still in high school, she is older than Lea Michele, Dianna Agron, Amber Riley and Naya Rivera, who play the four female alumni of Glee.
- Her favorite television show is Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- If she had to describe the whole Glee cast in one word, she would use "bomb.com."
- Her parents' wedding anniversary is September 3rd.
- She prefers coffee to tea.
- Colt Prattes, a backup dancer to P!nk, was her prom date.
- She co-hosted the twelfth Annual AIDS Project Los Angeles Oscar Viewing Party. Artist Jason Mecier made a portrait of her entirely out of Hot Tamales. It was signed by her and auctioned off to raise money for the organization.
- She is a big fan of Grease and Annie. Both made her realize acting is what she wanted to do for a living.
- She loves Olivia Newton John, but her favorite character in Grease is Rizzo.
- She wants to learn more about Kitty's home life.
- Her best friends are Blake Jenner and Jenna Ushkowitz (confirmed in an interview).
- She owns a fashion blog called June Moss.
- She stated on her twitter that the late Paul Walker was her very first Hollywood crush.