Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Television director and producer
|Years Active:||2001 - present|
Brad Falchuk, born in 1971, is an American television director, producer and screenwriter.
Falchuk is one of the creators of Glee; he is best known for his work on the television shows Nip/Tuck and Glee.
Falchuk grew up in Newton, Massachusetts, where he attended Beaver Country Day School. He has a sister named Aimee, and a brother named Evan. Falchuk was married to producer Suzanne Bukinik and they have two children together.
In high school, he tried to stand out from his classmates by wearing a tie to school each day and declaring himself a Republican. He said, "I was always trying to look smart because I didn't feel smart"; he actually suffered from undiagnosed dyslexia. In high school, he played baseball, basketball and lacrosse. He later attended the American Film Institute. He also graduated from Hobart and William Smith Colleges in 1993.
As Nip/Tuck neared its sixth and final season, Falchuk and Ryan Murphy began to look for their next project and decided to focus on a lighter subject. They teamed up with Ian Brennan, who had written a screenplay about high school show choirs, to pitch a one-hour comedy about a glee club to the network, FOX. Their pitch was successful and turned into the television show Glee, which premiered in 2009.
† Denotes episodes written with Ian Brennan and Ryan Murphy.
Brad has been involved in many shows, as a creator, writer or director through the years.
- Mutant X (2001) - Writer - Syndicated
- Earth: Final Conflict (2001-2002) - Writer - The New Net
- Veritas: The Quest (2003) - Writer - ABC
- Nip/Tuck (2003 - 2010) - Writer - FX
- Glee (2009–Present) - Co-Creator (With Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan), Writer and Director - FOX
- American Horror Story (2011–Present) - Co-Creator (With Ryan Murphy), Writer and Director - FX
- Falchuk has called Ryan Murphy his closest friend.
- In 2008, Falchuk was diagnosed by his father and brother's medical consulting firm to have a serious problem with his spinal cord. After undergoing emergency spinal surgery, he recovered fully, but his experience inspired parts of the Glee episode Wheels.
- He suffered from undiagnosed dyslexia.
- In high school, he played baseball, basketball and lacrosse.
- ↑ My sister Aimee and I. World Freakin' Series.
- ↑ 5 GREAT REASONS to donate $5 to my brother @efalchuk
- ↑ [http://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-estalker/brad-falchuk-picks-up-pad-on-las-tunas-beach-1201356975/ Brad Falchuk Picks Up Pad on Las Tunas Beach (EXCLUSIVE)]
- ↑ New Couple Alert? Gwyneth Paltrow Spotted on Multiple Dates With Glee Co-Creator Brad Falchuk