This page is dedicated to rules and laws that apply here on the Glee TV Show Wiki. Here we have listed what is considered to be appropriate and inappropriate.
All rules and rights that are made for users on the wiki are allowed within a reasonable limit.
- Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse. It is your job to read them. Saying you were unaware of the rule does not make it OK for you to break the rule.
- It is recommended that you limit the amount of personal info (names, location, etc.) you provide.
- Use of multiple accounts is prohibited.
- Do not spam links.
- The use of all capital letters anywhere is discouraged. Capitals are often construed as shouting. It also makes posts and comments difficult to read.
- Absolutely no insulting other users or harassment.
- Do not edit any other users' User Page without explicit permission (such as when asked to help with complicated code issues). Permission must be traceable, such as with a request on a message wall. Note that Spam Team and Admins have permission to edit user pages to censor swearing or to remove extreme content which violates rules.
- No plagiarism.
- No sexually explicit images or content, including images of people in underwear.
- No swearing. The only swearing that is allowed are the words "damn", "bitch", "hell", "ass", and "crap". All other swear words are to be censored, but this does not excuse any swears to be used to name call at another user.
- Do not remove warnings from admins, chat mods, or spam team members from your message wall. Doing so will usually result in a ban.
- Follow style guide (Link)
- Follow category guide (Link)
- Use only reliable sources when adding information about upcoming episodes (see spoiler section).
- Provide edit summaries for large edits or when the reason for a change may not be obvious
- Vandalism (inserting false information, removing info without giving a proper reason, adding inappropriate content)
- Using unreliable sources
- Making too many edits on the same page over and over or making useless edits as an attempt to get badges is considered spam.
- Do not create episode pages, character pages, or song pages until there is reliable information about the episode.
- Song pages should be named after the Glee version, as listed on Amazon. It is independent of the title of the original song.
- Relationship pages require admin approval.
- Users are not allowed to rename pages, if you wish to rename a page, contact an admin.
- A spoiler is information about something which has not yet aired in an episode in the United States. This includes events that have aired in a promo or behind the scenes video or other news from articles or other sources. Examples of spoilers include, but are not limited to "Character X will appear/return in Y upcoming episode", listing upcoming songs for a character, events that will happen to a character or couple in an upcoming episode
- Spoilers are allowed on upcoming episode pages, upcoming song pages, other spoiler tagged pages, upcoming new characters who have not appeared or been mentioned on the show before (this is permitted because users who are avoiding spoilers will not accidentally stumble upon this character page in a link from another spoiler-free page if this policy is followed).
- Spoilers are not allowed on any other pages (e.g., character pages, relationship pages, location pages, competition pages, song pages (such as to mention that an artist will be covered again), previous episode pages (such as to say an event from that episode will be repeated in an upcoming episode)
Images and video
- If a high quality video is uploaded, don't replace it. Add a new one if you think it is relevant and different.
- A maximum of four videos is allowed on all pages, with the exception of un-aired episode pages.
- Song pages may contain videos for the original song, the full version of the song, and a performance video.
- Episodes may contain song videos only until the episode airs. Once the episode airs, the song videos should be removed. Episode articles may also contain behind the scenes videos.
- Photoshopped images are not permitted in articles. They are only allowed on Team Pages, User Blogs, User Profiles, Comments, and Message Walls. Images that are only cropped or brightness slightly adjusted do not count as being photoshopped.
- Fanart is not permitted in articles.
Comments sections on articles
- Discussing information from sources of questionable reliability so long as that fact is made clear
- Character/Ship-bashing: On most pages, user's are allowed to specify their opinions, whether positive or negative, but not to an extent of a threat or judging the people who like them. Regardless of original intent, if a discussion becomes heated, admins and spam team members have the right to stop a conversation. Negative opinions of a character or relationship are not permitted in the comment sections of that character or relationship page.
- Fanfic posted or linked must have a rating of PG-13 or lower. (No M rated fics.)
- Negative opinions of the couple are not permitted on Team Pages, this includes even stating that you are not fond of a pairing. It is recommended to focus on the ship the team is about and not discuss other ships.
- Fanart must be credited. It may only appear on Team Pages, User Blogs, User Profiles, Comments, and Message Walls.
- Fanfic posted must have a rating of PG-13 or lower. (No M rated fics.)
- No advertising of unrelated websites or attempting to sell items.
- No advertising of related external sites just to gain followers there.
- No posts attacking other users.
- No spamming.
- The use of all capital letters is discouraged in chat. It can become distracting and annoy users when over-used. While it is not strictly against the rules, if it becomes excessive, you may be asked to stop.
- Don't provoke people.
- Note that the Glee Wiki Chat is not a spoiler-free zone. You enter at your own risk. This is especially true following an episode airing. If you do not want to be spoiled, it is probably best to wait until after you have watched the episode.
- Due to the common occurrence of trolls visiting the chat, a 1 edit recommendation is in place to be able to chat. Commenting on a page, editing your user page, or editing any other page will fulfill this requirement. Chat Moderators have the right to kick from chat if they are suspicious of someone being a troll that does not have any edits.