|Born:||July 16, 1979|
Mays was born in Bristol, Tennessee to Paulette and James Mays. She has two older siblings. She graduated from Grundy Senior High School in 1997, earned an associate degree at Southwest Virginia Community College in 1998, and attended Virginia Tech in Blacksburg for one year. Mays graduated from Radford University in December 2000, and left for California.
She married fellow Epic Movie co-star, Adam Campbell, in 2007.
Mays was on Joey, her television debut, in 2004 and in Red Eye, her film debut, in 2005. She went on to appear on How I Met Your Mother for two episodes between 2005 and 2013, on Heroes for five episodes between 2006 and 2009, and on Ugly Betty for eight episodes in between 2007 and 2008.
Mays was in The Smurfs in 2011 and its the sequel, The Smurfs 2 in 2013, she co-stared with former Glee co-star, Neil Patrick Harris.
She has a role on Glee since 2009, however Mays announced that the fifth season would be her last. However, Mays was seen filming an episode of Season Six of Glee in November 2014. Mays revealed in "Metro" that her character departure wasn't her choice in October 2013.
|2004||Joey||Molly||("Joey and the Party")|
|2005||Stacked||Brenda||("Nobody Says I Love You")|
|Six Feet Under||Donna||("The Rainbow of Her Reasons")|
|The Comeback||Sales Girl||("Valerie Demands Dignity")|
|Entourage||Jennifer||2005 - 2006 ("Neighbors", "Sorry, Ari")|
|How I Met Your Mother||Coat Check Girl||2005 - 2013 ("Okay Awesome", "The Time Travelers")|
|2006||Flags of Our Fathers||Nurse in Hawaii|
|Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip||Daphne||("Pilot")|
|House M.D.||Hannah||("Sleeping Dogs Lie")|
|If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now||Sandra||TV movie|
|Heroes||Charlie Andrews||2006 - 2009 (5 episodes)|
|Ghost Whisperer||Jennifer Billings||("The Underneath")|
|Smiley Face||Actress in Waiting Room|
|Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office||Angela||TV movie|
|Ugly Betty||Charlie||2007 - 2008 (8 episodes)|
|2008||Back to You||Shelley||("Date Night")|
|Get Smart's Bruce and Lloyd Out of Control||Nina||video|
|Drunk History||Annabelle||("Drunk History Vol. 2.5: Featuring Jack Black")|
|2009||Paul Blart: Mall Cop||Amy|
|Glee||Emma Pillsbury||2009 - (78 episodes)|
|2011||The Smurfs||Grace Winslow|
|Marcy||Jayma||("Marcy Does a Picnic")|
|2012||The League||Trixie Von Stein||2012 - 2014 (6 episodes)|
|2013||The Millers||Debbie||2013 - 2014 (28 episodes)|
|NTSF:SD:SUV||Clock||("The Great Train Stoppery")|
|The Smurfs 2||Grace|
|Last Weekend||Blake Curtis|
|2014||Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant||April|
|Drunk History||Abigail Adams||("Philadelphia")|
|Getting On||Susie Sasso||("No Such Thing as Idealized Genitalia", "Is Soap a Hazardous Substance?" and "Turnips... North Day... Yes, yes")|
|2015||Puss in Boots||Dulcinea||voice ("Episode #1.1")|
- She only uses white towels.
- She loves country music.
- She is referred to by her co-stars as "Jayma-mazing ."
- Her favorite color is yellow.
- She loves Indian food.
- She eats a peanut butter sandwich every day.
- She has 2 cats called Heidi and Fräulein, which are both German names.
- Because her husband is English, she sometimes slips into a British accent without realizing it.
- Jayma Mays, Dianna Agron, and Jessalyn Gilsig were all featured on the NBC show, Heroes.
- She is best friends with Glee co-stars Jessalyn Gilsig and Matthew Morrison.
- She sang Touch a Touch a Touch a Touch Me for her Glee audition.
- Earlier in her television career she was a guest star on a season one episode of “How I Met Your Mother”, a show with Neil Patrick Harris apart of the cast. Year later, Harris appeared in a season one episode of “Glee”, a show with Jayma Mays apart of the cast. In 2011, they both stared in the screen adaption of “Smurfs”.
- She worked with Matthew on the 2007 pilot Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office, he played Angela's friend and co-worker Brody.
- Her height is 5'4."
- She admits she loves Wemma.
- She plays the piano.
- Mays revealed that what she thought was a bad ear infection turned out to be an insect that was living in there, in July 2013.
I definitely know that I'm quirky. I know that I'm different. Red hair definitely made me different growing up.
I don't remember my dreams. I'm one of those weird people. I know there are tricks and things you can do, but I never remember my dreams.
This morning I was laughing at my cat who was running up the stairs and slipped, and pretended like it didn't happen.
I feel really content in my 30s actually. I don't feel like the wisest person in the world but I definitely don't worry or stress like I used to.
My husband calls me a ginger every single day of my life, so that I'm completely used to it, and I've come to see it as a term of endearment.
I was so focused at 21, maybe to my own detriment because I didn't allow myself to have fun. I was constantly looking for the next audition and working to pay the bills.
I feel its like futuristic, I think it might be solar powered or something.
—Jayma, talking about her dress on Craig Fergusun, 2013
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Living A Hollywood Dream
- ↑ Jayma Mays
- ↑ Jayma Mays Confirms She's Leaving Glee
- ↑ Jayma Mays Says ‘Glee’ Departure Wasn’t Her Choice
- ↑ Scoop: Glee's Jayma Mays Joins CBS' New Sitcom The Millers as Will Arnett's Sister
- ↑ 'The Millers' Cancelled
- ↑ 'Glee' star Jayma Mays reveals she had a bug stuck in her ear for days: ‘It was so serious'