|This article is about Sue Sylvester's sister. You may be looking for Jean Baptiste, the lead vocalist of Throat Explosion.|
|Occupations:||Former Patient (deceased)|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:|| Doris Sylvester (mother)|
Mr. Sylvester (father; deceased)
Sue Sylvester (sister)
Robin Sylvester (niece)
|Last episode:|| Furt (last physical appearance) |
Jean Sylvester was the older sister of Sue Sylvester and the eldest daughter of Doris Sylvester and Mr. Sylvester. She first appeared in Wheels, the ninth episode of Season One, and passed away in Funeral, the twenty-first episode of Season Two, thus making it her final appearance.
Jean was born with Down Syndrome and as a child was treated very poorly because of this. As her parents were always absent hunting Nazis, she was raised by Sue. Even though Sue classed her as a hero, not everyone respected her the same way and they were rude to her, which upset Sue. She lived at a home for the elderly and disabled, and was frequently visited by Sue. She enjoys watching Sue on television, and she calls Sue everynight at 10, because her body tells her. Sue and others say Jean was sweet and caring.
She was portrayed by actress Robin Trocki.
- It seems that Jean, along with Becky, is one of the only people who can bring out the soft side of her younger sister, Sue.
- Jean was the first major recurring character to be killed off, and the first major death of the series (not counting deaths prior to the series' beginning as well as Pavarotti's). The second major death is Finn Hudson (although Finn was killed off because of the death of his portrayer, Cory Monteith).
- Jean used to call Sue every night at 10:00 because she wanted to hear Sue's voice.
- Her favorite book is Little Red Riding Hood.
- Her favorite movie is Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
- Her favorite song is Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, which the New Directions performed at her funeral.
- Whenever Sue told her about Will's evil hair, she would defend him.
- Sue says that both Will and Jean have a pure heart.
- Robin Sylvester is named after Jean's actress Robin Trocki.