|Born:||October 22, 1952|
Jeffrey Lynn "Jeff" Goldblum (born October 22, 1952) is a 60-year-old American actor. His career began in the mid-1970s and he has appeared in major box-office successes including The Fly, Jurassic Park and its sequel Jurassic Park: The Lost World, and Independence Day. From 2009 to mid-2010 he starred as Detective Zach Nichols on the USA Network's crime drama series Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
In 1974, Goldblum appeared in Death Wish as Freak # 1. Later in his career, as "Lacey Party Guest" in Annie Hall (1977), Goldblum is seen saying into the telephone at a Hollywood party, "This is Mr. Davis. I forgot my mantra." Goldblum has had leading roles in films such as The Fly, Independence Day, The Lost World (1997), Earth Girls Are Easy, The Tall Guy, Vibes (1988) and Into the Night (1985). Goldblum's strong supporting roles include those in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Big Chill (1983), and Jurassic Park (1993), as well as The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) and the cult films The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension (1984) and Igby Goes Down (2002).
For several years, Goldblum was the voice for most U.S. Apple commercials, including advertisements for the iMac and iBook. He also voices some U.S. Toyota commercials as well as Procter & Gamble's facial cream line. He has recently appeared on Irish TV in commercials for the National Lottery.
Goldblum taught acting at Playhouse West in North Hollywood with Robert Carnegie. It was with several actors from this acting company that he improvised and directed the live action short film Little Surprises, which was nominated for an Academy Award in 1996.
Goldblum got the role of Adam in the upcoming film Adam Resurrected, a film adaptation of the Yoram Kaniuk novel about a former German entertainer who becomes the ringleader to a group of Holocaust survivors in an asylum after World War II.
In September 2006, it was announced that Goldblum was one of the founding members of a new theater company in New York called The Fire Dept. According to press materials, "The Fire Dept is made up of established and emerging writers, directors, actors and designers who have come together to create and produce work that cannot be replicated inside a television box or on a movie screen. The work of The Fire Dept combines the rigor and structure of great narrative storytelling with the vitality of formal experimentation to immerse audiences in a total experience that leaves them awake, alive and transformed." The company will devote energy into developing new live theater works as well as interpreting old favorites.
His guest appearance was on Sesame Street in 1990 as Bob's long-lost brother Minneapolis (parody of Indiana Jones) where Big Bird's friend Snuffleupagus had "the golden cabbage of Snuffertiti" hidden in his cave. He has also appeared on Tom Goes to the Mayor, The Colbert Report, and Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!.
Goldblum replaced Chris Noth as a Senior Detective on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. In the series, Goldblum plays the role of Detective Zach Nichols. In August 2010, media outlets reported that Goldblum had decided not to return to Criminal Intent due to persistent concerns about the program's future.
- Columbo: A Case of Immunity (1975)
- Starsky and Hutch – Murder on Stage 17 (1977)
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1980)
- Tenspeed and Brown Shoe (1980)
- Rehearsal for Murder (1982)
- Ernie Kovacs: Between the Laughter (1984)
- Who´s the Boss? (1985)
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers (1990)
- Framed (1990)
- Lush Life (1993)
- The Simpsons- A fish called Selma (1996)
- The Story of Bean (1997)
- Playmate Pajama Party (1999)
- From Star Wars to Star Wars: The Story of Industrial Light & Magic (1999)
- When Dinosaurs Ruled (2000)
- Festival in Cannes (2001)
- King of the Hill – Guest voice as Dr. Vayzosa (2002)
- Friends – Guest as Leonard Hayes (2003)
- Tom Goes to the Mayor (2004)
- Will and Grace (2005)
- Raines (2007)
- Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! (2007)
- Law and Order: Criminal Intent (since 2009)
- Top Gear (2010, as star in a reasonably priced car)
- The League (2011) Guest as Ruxin's father
- Glee (2012) Guest as Hiram Berry
- Portlandia (2013) Guest as "Dolly Shoppe" owner