|Aliases:|| Teen Jesus |
(Quinn, Sam, Brittany)
The New Girl
|Family & Friends|
|Relationships:||Quinn Fabray (crush)|
|Friends:|| Quinn Fabray|
His mother (mentioned in Heart)
|Clique:|| The God Squad|
|Education:|| Home Schooled |
|Talent:|| Guitar Playing |
|Portrayer:|| Samuel Larsen|
Harry Shum Jr. (Tina's Dream)
Joseph "Joe" Hart is a character on the Fox TV show Glee. He is currently a Junior at William McKinley High School, he made his debut appearance in Heart, the thirteenth episode of the third season. He is currently a part of The God Squad and New Directions.
He develops a close friendship and crush/possible relationship with Quinn, as he accompanies her to physical therapy and assists her in regaining the feelings in her legs, after the car accident in On My Way.
BiographyThe God Squad, the other members being Mercedes, Quinn and Sam. He plays guitar and sings, but thus far in his life he has not learned any songs that weren't Christian songs. After being asked by Sam Evans (a member of The God Squad and New Directions) about his tattoos he states that they are bible verses and also that each of his locks are named after each book in the bible. This indicates that he probably has 66 locks. Along with the rest of the God Squad, he performs a "singing telegram" of Stereo Hearts to Rachel, from Finn. Santana asks them to do a singing telegram from her to Brittany. While the rest of the God Squad are up for it, Joe is not sure as he has never met a gay person before, but says he'll think about it. Later, at Sugar's party at Breadstix, he declares that "Love is love, man," and he and the rest of the God Squad sings Cherish/Cherish for Brittany. In Love Shack, he is seen sitting with Finn, before Quinn takes him to dance with her.
Joe takes part in a meeting of The God Squad where Dave Karofsky's condition is discussed and they express concern for his well-being. He also invites Kurt to the meeting. Joe is later seen in the audience at Regionals cheering the Warblers as they sing Glad You Came, and later he is seen in the audience watching the New Directions sing Fly/I Believe I Can Fly.
Joe walks down the hallway barefoot when Finn nearly steps on his toes. Later, he and Quinn talk after her return to school. He tells her that he prayed for her, and she says she looks up to him, and knows some people that he could inspire. He helps to push her wheelchair down the hallway while they talk. Quinn invites Joe to join New Directions, and he joins at the end of the episode, taking part in Booty Camp.
In Saturday Night Glee-ver, Joe has a solo in Night Fever after rehearsing it earlier with Will, Sue, and Blaine. He dances happily in the choir room during Disco Inferno. He participates with the rest of New Directions in Stayin' Alive.
After the I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) performance, Quinn watches, hurt, especially after Brittany tells her that she dreams of her dancing (and flying and breathing fire). Joe confronts her about it, and then convinces her to allow him to go to her physical therapy. Joe and Quinn perform Saving All My Love For You and the club watches, blushing at the chemistry between the two. In physical therapy, Joe is about to kiss her, but he doesn't (maybe because he wasn't able to control his "feelings").
In the gym, Joe confronts Sam about his feelings for Quinn, saying he couldn't control his "feelings" for her. He feels conflicted about his religion conflicts to his physical needs. During physical therapy Quinn notices that Joe is a little excited, he feels embarrassed, but she assures him that it's fine. He tells her that he thinks she is beautiful and feels like he doesn't have to do what God says for him to feel closer to him, wanting to be with Quinn. She tells him she wouldn't ask him to give up his faith because it's nice to know there's something that can't be lost. Joe asks what they have and she replies with "something new."
During the School's Out performance, when Puck enters the choir room, Joe seems shocked by Puck and the dancers behind him, with the rest of the club. The next day, when Finn enters the boys locker room expressing that he is worried about Puck, Joe looks concerned. Later that day, in the choir room, he and the rest of the boys in New Directions help Puck study for his final Geography exam. Joe asks Finn how Rachel was doing after her choked in her NYADA audition and Finn tells him the situation is bad. A few minutes later, the New Direction boys started performing The Rain in Spain and Joe plays the guitar in the number. He jumps everywhere and does major head banging with his dreads swinging back and forth, enjoying himself immensely. After Puck finishes his test Joe and the rest of the boys meet Puck outside of the Geography class. Puck thanks them for being there for him and helping him and they have a group hug.
Joe is first seen spinning Rory in a chair. Then he accompanies Quinn to her physical therapy. At Quinn's physical therapy session he is seen supporting Quinn and giving her a few encouraging words. In the hallway, at school, while he was leaving class with Rory, he saw Quinn and Finn at the lockers. Although he was going in the opposite direction, he turned around and looked at them for a second. Rory saw this and turned him back around and they walked off. At prom, he stands up for Quinn when Finn confronts her at prom and demands she stand up. Joe and Finn were about to fight but luckily Sue intervene and stopped them. Later, he performs with the guys on What Makes You Beautiful and then he is seen helping Quinn getting on stage and enjoying her performance of Take My Breath Away. Later, he is seen dancing with a random blonde. At the end of prom Joe, Artie, and Rory take a picture together.
When Mr. Schuester announces that they are doing Flashdance... What A Feeling for Nationals with props, Sam is seen joking around with his mask, doing impressions of Darth Vader, Joe wonders if it's a movie. During Tina's Dream, Joe was portrayed by Mike and vice versa. Later he is seen with Tina, Sugar, and Rory sewing the dresses and suits for Nationals. He and New Directions depart to Nationals together.
Joe is seen practicing his dance moves at the hotel. When Sam and Puck end up fighting, he helps to split them up by pulling Sam away from Puck. When Quinn struggles in a dance move, he is seen worried, standing by her. He performs at Nationals with New Directions. He dances and sings during Paradise By The Dashboard Light. While waiting for the results, Joe can be seen praying alongside the New Directions and then cheering once they are awarded first place. After the victory, he heads back to Lima with the club and celebrates when they return. During the Teacher of the Year event, they all sing for Will in We Are The Champions.
He is seen enjoying the performance of Sit Down, You're Rocking The Boat. When the seniors sing to the underclassmen, Quinn sits on his lap and hugs him, but then she does something similar with Artie. He, with the rest of the not-graduating New Directions, sing In My Life. He is last seen waving goodbye to Rachel at the train station along with the rest of New Directions.
Solos (In A Group Number)
|Santa Claus Is Coming To Town||(Ablum version, not used in an episode)||Finn and Puck|
|Stereo Hearts||Heart||Quinn, Sam and Mercedes|
|Night Fever||Saturday Night Glee-ver||Will and Blaine|
|What Makes You Beautiful||Prom-asaurus||Rory, Artie, Mike and Sam|
|In My Life||Goodbye||Tina, Blaine, Rory, Artie, Sugar and Sam|
- His family doesn't own a TV.
- He only knew religious songs prior to Heart.
- Each one of his dreads is named after a book of the bible.
- In the original script for Heart, his name was listed as Apollo. Early reports said he was to be Puck's cousin.
- He didn't know what grade level he was since he had been home-schooled (he's at McKinley as a sophomore at the end of the 2011 / 2012 season; he'll be a junior next season).
- He is seen dancing with Quinn during Love Shack.
- His surname (Hart) sounds almost identical to the episode he first appears in (Heart).
- He has tattoos that spell out Bible quotes.
- He likes to walk barefoot.
- He's the only character played by a The Glee Project winner who didn't get any solos in their debut episode or even at all. Instead, he got two group numbers.
- Santana was the first gay person he ever met, so he never knew any gay people until he was fifteen or sixteen.
- He enjoys Disco Music.
- Brittany believes that Joe is a girl who doesn't shave her armpits.
- He reminds Brittany of a Caveman (Prom-asaurus)
- He was seen doing yoga in the locker scene in Choke.
- He used to think that Darth Vader was a movie.
- He thinks Quinn is the nicest and prettiest girl he has ever met.
- He is called "Teen Jesus" by many.
- He is part of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town on Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 2. This was before his vocal debut in Heart when he performed (Stereo Hearts) with The God Squad.
- He can learn new songs very quickly, as seen in Heart where he learned Stereo Hearts over night and added guitar.
- He is the only member of the New Directions that has never been bullied.
- Although he is a sophomore, some sources suggest that he is 17 and was held back a year because of homeschooling.
- Joe has been confused by Star Wars references twice. Once in Prom-asaurus where Sue calls him Jar Jar Binks, and again in Props when Sam impersonates Darth Vader.
- Almost all the blond characters have given him nicknames. Sam called him Tarantula Head and Teen Jesus, Quinn and Brittany also called him Teen Jesus, and Sue called him Jar-Jar Binks. The only blond character who hasn't given him a nickname is Becky.
- He helped sew the dresses and suits for Nationals.
- Joe's surname is Hart and he has a possible relationship with Quinn. Quinn is played by Dianna Agron who also played Sarah Hart in I Am Number Four.
Main article: Joe's Quotations