|Jonathan Drew Groff|
|Born:||March 26, 1985|
|Character:||Jesse St. James|
|Occupation:||Actor, Singer, Songwriter|
Jonathan Drew Groff, born March 26, 1985, is a 28-year-old actor and singer. He is known for the originated role as Melchior Gabor in Spring Awakening and recurring guest starring role as Jesse St. James on Glee between 2010 and 2012.
Groff's parents, Jim and Jules, own a farm in Pennsylvania and even named one of their goat's Lea Michele. He has an older brother, named David. 
He was raised in Lancaster, PA as a Methodist. He first decided he wanted to work in show-business when he was 10 years old and saw a production of Annie Get Your Gun with his school. Before deciding he wanted to be an actor, Jonathan aspired to be a professional trumpet player.
In October 2009, Groff told Broadway.com during the National Equality March in Washington, D.C., that he is "gay and proud."
Groff was in a relationship with Zachary Quinto, Quinto confirmed it, until a reported break-up in July 2013.
He appeared in twelve episodes on Glee for two years on-off between 2010 and 2012. Groff lent his voice in the animated film, Frozen, in 2013.
Groff was casted in the new HBO series, Looking, in Februray 2013 and it received an eight-episode order. Looking began production in San Francisco in September 2013. It should debut on January 19, 2014.
|2007||One Life to Live||Henry Mackler||recurring guest star (11 episodes)|
|2009||Taking Woodstock||Michael Lang||film|
|2010||The Conspirator||Louis Weichmann||film|
|Glee||Jesse St. James||2010 - 2012; recurring guest star (12 episodes)|
|2011||Glee Encore||Jesse St. James||archive footage from Glee|
|2012||The Good Wife||Jimmy Fellner||("Live from Damascus")|
|Boss||Ian Todd||series regular (10 episodes)|
|2013||C.O.G.||Samuel / David||film|
|2014||The Normal Heart||Craig Donner||TV movie|
|Looking||Patrick||debuting on January 19|
- Nominated for a Tony Award for Best Actor for Spring Awakening in 2007.
- Remains very good friends with his Spring Awakening costar, Lea Michele and says that she is his best friend.
- Groff, along with other openly gay actors (including Sean Hayes and Neil Patrick Harris), were the target of a highly controversial April 2010 Newsweek article by Ramin Setoodeh that argued gay actors are not convincing playing straight characters. The article created a huge media backlash with many public figures (including Groff and Hayes' co-star, Kristin Chenoweth) decrying it as homophobic and defending Hayes's, Harris's, and Groff's performances as straight characters.
- While Jonathan Groff was raised Methodist, his father was raised Mennonite.
- He recently starred in Deathtrap in London.
- He never went to college.
- He starred in Broadway's production of Spring Awakening with best friend and Glee co-stars, Lea Michele and Phoebe Strole.
- Before realizing he wanted to be an actor, he wanted to be a professional trumpet player.
- He was ranked number 7 on After Elton's hotlist 2011.
- His favorite thing about LA is the traffic as it gives him opportunities to blast his music very loud and sing along with it on the way to work with the windows down.
- Jonathan moved to LA recently after falling in love with the place while doing Glee, but he still has a place in NY because he claims he can never leave NY.
- He has a 5 inch scar on his biceps because his dance partner for Bohemian Rhapsody accidentally scarred him with her stilettos.
- Lea Michele stated that Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliat is her and Jonathan Groff's theme song.
- He is currently starring in a production of The Submission at MCC Theatre.
- His star sign is Aries.
- He was in a relationship with Zachary Quinto for quite a while, but Quinto "felt that they couldn't take their romance public - until now." They broke up in July 2013.
- Jenna used to call Jonathan "Grofflicious" since they go way back and are old friends.
- He was called out by Lea while she doing an interview with Jimmy Kimmel since he forget to call her on her 26th birthday.
- Jonathan appear along with co-star Idina Menzel in Disney's animated movie Frozen. He voiced the character Kristoff, the love interest of Menzel's character's sister.
- ↑ Jonathan Groff Biography
- ↑ Lea Michele on Jimmy Kimmel PART 2 September 2012. 1:31 - 1:40 mintues in.
- ↑ Zachary Groff, Jonathan Groff Break Up: Reports
- ↑ 'Glee's' Jonathan Groff to Star in HBO Comedy Pilot (Exclusive)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 HBO Greenlights Gay-Themed Dramedy Series
- ↑ HBO Series 'Looking' Begins Filming In San Francisco
- ↑ [http://tvline.com/2013/10/16/girls-season-3-date-hbo/ HBO Announces Dates for Girls Season 3, Jonathan Groff's Gay Dramedy Looking]
- ↑ Zachary Quinto & Boyfriend Jonathan Groff in Pictures (2012)
- ↑ Zachary Quinto, Jonathan Groff Break Up July 2013.
- ↑ 'Glee' cast share their nicknames 0:17 - 0:22.
- ↑ Lea Michele on Jimmy Kimmel PART 2 September 2012. 1:16 - 1:29 mintues in.