|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|Born:||April 17, 1979|
Kate Hudson (born April 17, 1979) is a 34-year-old American actress. She came to prominence in 2001 after winning a Golden Globe and receiving several nominations, including a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, for her role in Almost Famous.
She is close friends with co-star Sarah Jessica Parker who plays Isabelle Wright on Glee. Kate was married to Chris Robinson last 2000 and divorced in 2007. She is currently engaged to Muse's frontman, Matthew Bellamy.
Life and career
Hudson was born in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of Academy Award-winning actress Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson, an actor, comedian, and musician. Her parents divorced eighteen months after her birth; she and her brother, actor Oliver Hudson, were raised in Colorado by her mother and her mother's long-time boyfriend, actor Kurt Russell.
Hudson's breakthrough was as Penny Lane in Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous (2000), for which she received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture. She had previously appeared in the lesser-known films Gossip, a teenage drama, and 200 Cigarettes, a New Year's-set comedy with a large cast of actors.
In 2002, she starred in the remake of the historical romance The Four Feathers, a film which was not well received by critics or audiences. Her next film, the romantic comedy How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, was a box office success, grossing over $100 million after its February 2003 release.
- Kate Hudson was named one of the '50 Most Beautiful People in the World' by People Magazine. (2000)
- She turned down the part of Peter Parker's girlfriend Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man (2002) for the role of Ethne Eustace in The Four Feathers. (2002)
- As a child, her brother Oliver used to torment her by nicknaming her "Hammerhead" (as in hammerhead shark).
- Kate graduated from Crossroads, a Santa Monica performing arts school, in 1997.
- She started production company Cosmic Entertainment in 2003 with Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell and her brother.
- She was ranked #99 in Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. It is her first appearance on the list and she was the youngest person on it that year at the age of 24.
- She enjoys playing guitar, writing music, and arts and crafts.
- She was ranked #38 on VH1's "100 Hottest Hotties."
- In season three Kurt mentions Kate Hudson saying, "Nobody's looking for a Kurt Hummel type to play opposite Kate Hudson in a Rom-Com" (I Am Unicorn).
- Kate was also in bride wars with Anne Hathaway.