|Born:||April 19, 1979|
Kate Garry Hudson, born April 19, 1979, is a 35-year-old American actress. She starred in Almost Famous, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Raising Helen, The Skeleton Key, You, Me and Dupree, Fool's Gold, Bride Wars and guest starred as Cassandra July on Glee in 2012 and 2013.
Hudson, born in Los Angeles, California, is the daughter of Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson and the younger sister of Oliver Hudson. She and her brother were raised by her mother and her mother's long-time boyfriend, Kurt Russell.
Kate was married to Chris Robinson from December 2000 to October 2007. Their son, Ryder, was born in January 2004.
Hudson is also close friends with Lea, whom was rumored to be in feud with in 2012, and even let her, her family, and her friends stay at her house following Cory's death after the reporters where at Lea's house. She was quoted saying, "Honestly, she was inspiring. She’s a very strong, special, loving woman," about Lea in Lea's interview.
Hudson's breakthrough was as Penny Lane in Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous (2000), for which she received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture. She had previously appeared in the lesser-known films Gossip, a teenage drama, and 200 Cigarettes, a New Year's-set comedy with a large cast of actors.
In 2002, she starred in the remake of the historical romance The Four Feathers, a film which was not well received by critics or audiences. Her next film, the romantic comedy How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, was a box office success, grossing over $100 million after its February 2003 release.
Hudson came to prominence in 2001 after winning a Golden Globe and receiving several nominations, including a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, for her role in Almost Famous.
|1996||EZ Streets||Larraine Cahill||("Neither Have I Wings to Fly")|
|Party of Five||Cory||("Spring Breaks: Part 1")|
|1998||Desert Blue||Skye Davidson|
|Dr T and the Women||Dee Dee|
|Almost Famous||Penny Lane|
|About Adam||Lucy Owens|
|The Cutting Room||Chrissie Campbell||uncredited and short|
|2002||The Four Feathers||Ethne Eustace|
|2003||Le divorce||Isabel Walker|
|Alex & Emma||Emma Dinsmore / Ylva / Elsa|
|How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days||Andie Anderson|
|2004||Raising Helen||Helen Harris|
|2005||The Skeleton Key||Caroline Ellis|
|Eva Ginz||voice and TV documentary|
|2006||You, Me and Dupree||Molly|
|2008||My Best Friend's Girl||Alexis|
|2010||The Killer Inside Me||Amy Stanton|
|A Little Bit of Heaven||Marley Corbett|
|2012||Glee||Cassandra July||2012 - 2013 ("The New Rachel", "Britney 2.0", "Glease", "Swan Song", "Wonder-ful")|
|The Reluctant Fundamentalist||Erica|
|2013||Clear History||Rhonda||TV movie|
|2014||Wish I Was Here||Sarah Bloom|
|Good People||Anna Reed|
|Rock the Kasbah||post-production|
- Kate Hudson was named one of the '50 Most Beautiful People in the World' by People Magazine. (2000)
- She turned down the part of Peter Parker's girlfriend Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man (2002) for the role of Ethne Eustace in The Four Feathers. (2002)
- As a child, her brother Oliver used to torment her by nicknaming her "Hammerhead" (as in hammerhead shark).
- Kate graduated from Crossroads, a Santa Monica performing arts school, in 1997.
- She started production company Cosmic Entertainment in 2003 with Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell and her brother.
- She was ranked #99 in Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. It is her first appearance on the list and she was the youngest person on it that year at the age of 24.
- She enjoys playing guitar, writing music, and arts and crafts.
- She was ranked #38 on VH1's "100 Hottest Hotties."
- In Season Three, Kurt mentions Kate Hudson saying, "Nobody's looking for a Kurt Hummel type to play opposite Kate Hudson in a Rom-Com" (I Am Unicorn).
- Let Lea Michele stay at her house after Cory Monteith's death due to swarming media at Michele's house.