|Born:||January 7, 1957|
|Years Active:||1984 - present|
Katherine Anne Couric, born January 7, 1957, is a 58-year-old American journalist, author, and talk show host. She has anchored the CBS Evening News, reported for 60 Minutes, and hosted Today, reported for Dateline NBC, currently hosting her talk show, Katie.
On Glee, she guest starred as herself.
She married Jay Monahan in 1989 and they had two daughters, Elinor "Ellie" (b. July 1991) and Caroline "Carrie" (b. January 1996), before he died of colon cancer in 1998.
Couric had been in a relationship with Brooks Pelin for five years before they broke up in 2011. She became engaged to John Molner, after dating for nearly two years, during the Labor Day (2013) weekend. They are set to marry in a private ceremony in the Summer of 2014; they married on June 21, 2014 in East Hampton, New York.
Couric is the first solo female anchor of a weekday evening news program on one of the three traditional U.S. broadcast networks.
Couric plays herself in the episode The Sue Sylvester Shuffle. She interviews Sue Sylvester because Sue is the Loser of the Year when the Cheerios fail to qualify for Nationals. In this episode, Sue cannot recognize Katie Couric, assuming she is Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer. Katie also does a short dance with Will in a video she shows Sue, after informing her that New Directions would get the remainder of the Cheerios' budget. She only appears in this episode of Glee.
Couric made an appearance on General Hospital as Dr. Kelly Curtis on April 16, 2013.
Couric's self-titled talk show was canceled after one and half years on air. It ended in June 2014 after debuting in September 2012.
Couric joined Yahoo! as a newly created global news anchor in November 2013 She began to host two-minute weekly news recaps on News Digest for the iPad, called "Now I Get It," in September 2014.
|2002||Austin Powers in Goldmember||Prison Guard|
|2004||Shark Tale||Katie Current||voice|
|2011||Glee||Herself||(The Sue Sylvester Shuffle)|
|2012||Nashville||Herself||2012 - 13 (We Live in Two Different Worlds and When You're Tired of Breaking Other Hearts)|
|2013||Real Husbands of Hollywood||Katie Couric||(The Harter They Fall)|
|General Hospital||"Dr." Kelly Curtis||cameo (50th Anniversary episode)|
- She is the third Glee actor to have made an appearance on General Hospital. She is proceed by John Stamos (Carl Howell) and Ricky Martin (David Martinez).
- ↑ Katie Couric Biography page 1
- ↑ Katie Couric Biography page 2
- ↑ Katie and Brooks Perlin call it quits December 2011.
- ↑ Katie Couric Engaged to John Molner
- ↑ Katie Couric to marry fiancé John Molner in summer wedding
- ↑ Katie Couric Marries John Molner
- ↑ 25 Most Intriguing People '98
- ↑ 25 Most Intriguing People 2001
- ↑ Katie Couric To Make Cameo on GENERAL HOSPITAL April 16 April 2013.
- ↑ Katie Couric Talk Show Canceled
- ↑ Katie Couric Joining Yahoo As Global News Anchor
- ↑ With Yahoo's News Digest, Katie Couric comes to an iPad near you