|This article is about Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee. You may be looking for Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee (Reprise).|
|Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee|
|Album:||Glee: The Music Presents Glease|
|Released:||November 6, 2012|
|By:||Cast of Grease|
|Sung by:||Kitty Wilde with New Directions Girls|
Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee from Grease is featured in Glease, the sixth episode of Season Four. It is sung by Kitty with back-up from the New Directions Girls.
Kitty decides to have a sleepover in homage to the school production of Grease. Kitty shows off her things to Marley at first, who is invited to the sleepover. Later, the rest of the girls arrive, bringing in food and drinks. While they get ready for a party, Kitty takes Marley to one side, and shows her how to purge in an attempt to inspire bulemia. She leaves Marley in the bathroom, and, going into her room, gestures for Sugar to start the song.
Kitty mocks Marley further with Tina, Brittany, and Sugar initially going along with it . Sugar pushes Kitty off while she sings as she gets up, flipping her hair like Marley. At the end of the song, Marley comes out of the bathroom behind Kitty, watching as she jumps off her chair and sings the final lines of the song. The four girls walk away as if they had nothing to do with it. "Are you making fun of me, Kitty?" Marley asks. Kitty takes off her wig and, just as Rizzo did in Grease, says, "Some people are so touchy!" Marley, embarrassed, looks hurt.
Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee
Lousy with virginity
Won't go to bed
'Til I'm legally wed
I can't, I'm Sandra Dee
Watch it! Hey, I'm Doris Day
I was not brought up that way
Won't come across
Even Rock Hudson lost
Kitty with New Directions Girls:
His heart to Doris Day
Kitty (New Directions Girls):
I don't drink (No!) or swear (Oh!)
I don't rat my hair (Eww!)
I get ill from one cigarette (Cough, cough, cough)
Keep your filthy paws
Off my silky drawers!
Would you pull that crap with Annette?
As for you, Troy Donahue
I know what you wanna do!
You've got your crust
I'm no object of lust
Kitty with New Directions Girls (New Directions Girls):
I'm just plain Sandra Dee (Eee, hahahaha)
Elvis! Elvis! Let me be!
Keep that pelvis far from me!
Just keep your cool
Now you're starting to drool
Hey, fongool, I'm Sandra Dee!
- This is Kitty's first solo performance on the show.
- The original stage lyrics were "No, no, no, Sal Mineo / I would never stoop so low." The lyrics heard here were written for the film since, at the time of filming, Mineo was stabbed to death. Ironically, the film was released less than a year after Elvis himself died.
- The scene is very similar to the original movie of the musical, as well as the final dialogue between Marley and Kitty.
- This was originally going to be Rachel's audition piece for New Directions in Pilot, but Ryan Murphy was so impressed with Lea's rendition of On My Own, that they changed it.
- The robe Unique is wearing is remarkably similar to the one Marty wears in the original song from the movie.
- The only word cut out from the episode performance was "fongool" at the end - everything else was featured.
- In a shot near the beginning of the song, the bear that was on the bed by Sugar's feet was knocked to the floor. In the next shot, it's still on the bed.
- At one point, the lace from Sugar's pajama shirt was taken off her head. But then, it's still on her head in the next shot.