|Born:||August 17, 1982|
|Occupation:||Actor, Composer, Singer, Songwriter|
Mark Wayne Salling (born August 17, 1982) is an actor, sing-songwriter, composer, and musician. He currently portrays the character Noah Puckerman on FOX's hit musical comedy, Glee.
Salling was born in Dallas, Texas. He is the younger of two children of Condy Sue (née Wherry), a school secretary, and John Robert Salling, Jr., an accountant. He was home-schooled at an early age. Salling was raised in a "strict Christian home" and attended Providence Christian School and Our Redeemer Lutheran during elementary school. He attended, but did not graduate from Culver Military Academy, and later graduated from Lake Highlands High School in 2001. While he attended high school, he was a member of the school wrestling team. Performing was also an integral part of his teenage years; he often performed in bars despite being underage and participated in school talent shows.
After graduating from high school, he attended the Los Angeles Music Academy College of Music in Pasadena, California and began studying guitar, giving guitar lessons to make a living.In January 2013, Salling was accused by a woman who claims he committed sexual battery by forcing sex without a condom. He has denied the charges and has filed a countersuit for defamation of character.
Salling sings, writes, and produces his own music, and plays the piano, guitar, bass guitar, and drums. His solo project (under the stage name "Jericho"), was debut album Smoke Signals, released on February 8, 2008, under Jericho Records. On October 25, 2010, Salling released a rock/jazz album entitled Pipe Dreams, which was inspired by Alice in Chains, Nine Inch Nails, Miles Davis, and Herbie Hancock. It was released by Pipe Dreams Records,
Salling's own label, in partnership with Fontana Distribution. He is the composer, performer, and producer of each track. The first single, "Higher Power," premiered on August 10, 2010.
For the television show Glee he soloed and dueted on cover versions of various songs including, Sweet Caroline, Only the Good Die Young, The Lady Is a Tramp, Run Joey Run, Beth, and Good Vibrations. During filming, Salling paid tribute to the cast of Glee by writing a song and creating a video entitled "Chillin' on Glee'," which featured various cast and crew members.
Salling acted in Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering (1996) with Naomi Watts, and also in The Graveyard (2006). In 2008, he was cast as a regular character, Noah Puckerman, on Fox Broadcasting Company series, Glee. On June 28, 2013, it was reported that Salling will not be returning as regular on Glee's fifth season, but will instead be a recurring guest star on the series. along with Harry Shum Jr. and Amber Riley.
He is filming the TV movie, "Rocky Road", and also write and record an original song for the film.
|1996||Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering||James Rhodes||Direct-to-video|
|2011||Glee: The 3D Concert Movie||Noah Puckerman/Himself|
|2014||Rocky Road||Harrison Burke||filming|
|1999||Walker, Texas Ranger||Billy||Episode:Rise To The Occasion|
Main Character (Season 1-4)
|2011||The Glee Project||Himself||Episode:Sexuality|
- He has his nipple pierced.
- His favorite movie is Amadeus.
- He enjoyed slushing Lea.
- Before Glee, he used to give guitar lessons at the "Hollywood Academy Of Music on Melrose."
- He and Lea joke about the make out sessions that their characters often have.
- He thinks that Puck and Quinn are a great couple.
- He thinks that Lea has cute hands.
- It took him 8 years to write the songs for his album Pipe Dreams.
- He likes to look at birds, especially Corvids.
- He has a dog named Hank.
- He is a fan of the music from Radiohead, Elliott Smith and Rufus Wainwright.
- He calls himself a night owl.
- His celebrity crush is Emma Watson.
- Lea Michele sometimes calls him MaSa (Mark Salling) in her tweets.
- He has played piano since age 5.
- In real life he is Christian.
- He is close friends with Dianna Agron, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Harry Shum Jr, Chord Overstreet, Naya Rivera, Ashley Fink, and Darren Criss.
- He used to be in a relationship with Naya Rivera.
- He is six feet tall.
- Lea has taught him how to speak Gibberish.
- He is good friends with Rob Kardashian (Kim Kardashian's brother). They usually hang out together or play golf.
- Dianna Agron's nickname for him is 'Ookie', according to a handful of tweets.
- Has a dog named Noah Saw Salling for which Lea Michele helped him pick out that name.
- He refers to Lea as Shell and himself as Saw in his tweets.
- He volunteers with the James Hunter Wildlife Rescue charity.
- Top 40/70 in Sexiest & Hottest Men in 2011.
- Mark predicted that Puck would probably flunk out of high school.
- Unlike Puck, Mark is actually quite shy.
- He claims to be "nothing like Puck," but "worse" instead.
- Mark is a baritone.
- He auditioned for Glee with Juanes' La Camisa Negra.
- He is the third person on Glee to sing his audition song, La Camisa Negra, on the episode, Acafellas.
- He was voted the Biggest Flirt by the Glee Cast.
- According to Chris he is the Most Adventurous of the Glee Cast.
- It was his idea to let Puck have a mohawk.
- He plays the guitar and he can also play the drums, and bass.
- He is a fan of Family Guy and The Simpsons.
- He had an obsession with corvids.
- His favorite actor is Edward Norton.
- His favorite musical is Wicked.
- His favorite animal is a raven and a crow.
- His favorite singer is Stevie Wonder.
- His favorite book is Indian in the Cupboard
- His favorite food is sushi and ribs.
- He likes to sketch nature and animals.
- In 2010 he wrote a song about Glee and his cast-members.
- He plays the piano, guitar, bass guitar, and drums.
- You don't really have time to watch TV if you work on TV.
- I've been playing piano since I was 5, and started writing when I was 6 or 7. It was never a revelation I had, it was just what I did. Playing music was always a part of my life, I don't know anything else.
- Growing up, I was into that '90s grunge movement like Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam and Nirvana. I've gone through every phase -I'll be into country music for a while, or rap music. Now I'm just a snob, I only listen to smooth jazz and that's about it.