|This article is about the glee club. You may be looking for the episode with the same name.|
Island of Misfit Toys, Pack of Losers, Ladies Gays and In-Betweeners (Sue)
By its very definition, Glee is about opening yourself up to joy.
The New Directions is the Glee Club of McKinley High from the Pilot to New Directions. It is given the name of "New Directions" after Will takes over the group. The group wins Sectionals for the three years it is led by Will, and although they place third at Regionals in 2010, they place first at Regionals 2011 with the Original Songs: Get It Right and Loser Like Me, as they do at Regionals 2012 consisting of three songs; two performed by New Directions, and a third sung by the former Troubletones.
In their first appearance at Nationals in 2011, they place 12th and do not qualify for the showcase. In the competition they sing Pretending and Light Up the World. They return to Nationals in 2012 for a second year in a row, performing Edge of Glory, It's All Coming Back to Me Now and Paradise by the Dashboard Light. They go on to win, marking the club's first National win since 1993. As stated in Britney 2.0, the McKinley Glee club was established in 1954.
In Swan Song, they loose Sectionals for the first time in 4 years, leading to the group being disbanded and The Choir Room being occupied by The Cheerios. Despite this they still hold regular meetings and performances in whatever areas they are able to find. In Naked, the Lima Municipal Court ban the Warblers from competing due to using performance enhancers, effectively reinstating New Directions. The club yet again win Regionals in All or Nothing.
- Will Schuester
- Finn Hudson (deceased)
- Sue Sylvester (temporary)
- Emma Pillsbury (temporary)
- Holly Holliday (temporary)
- Dakota Stanley (fired)
- Jesse St. James (left)
- Sue Sylvester (temporary)
- Quinn Fabray
- Mike Chang
- Noah Puckerman
- Mercedes Jones
- Santana Lopez
- Kurt Hummel
Even though New Direction is a club, multiple sub groups have existed within it.
New Directions Boys
- Main article: New Directions Boys
As it's name suggests, this group consists of the male members of New Directions. This group was created/founded in the episode Vitamin D after Mr. Schue announced that there will be a Boys vs Girls Mash-up competition.
New Directions Girls
- Main article: New Directions Girls
As it's name suggests, this group consists of the female members of New Directions. Just like the New Directions Boys, this group was created/founded in the episode Vitamin D after Mr. Schue announced that there will be a Boys vs Girls Mash-up competition.
- Main article: Sue's Kids
In the episode Throwdown when Sue was appointed as Co-Director of New Directions. Intending to paint Will as racially insensitive, Sue takes all she considers the minority members of New Directions under her. It is no longer active.
- Main article: Will's Group
This group consists of the members that Sue did not choose. It is no longer active.
The Justin Bieber Experience
- Main article: The Justin Bieber Experience
This group was founded by Sam when trying to win Quinn back, thinking she was no longer interested. It is no longer active.
- Main article: Booty Camp
Created in the episode I Am Unicorn in hope of improving the dance skills of most of the members of New Directions who are having trouble with their dancing skills. When Sue becomes apart of New Directions, nearing the end of Season Three, to get back her Cheerios, she makes sure she works them hard at Booty Camp so they can win Nationals.
- Main article: The Troubletones
Originally a rival glee club which have ND's former members Mercedes, Santana and Brittany as leads. After they lost in Sectionals the 3 are offered to rejoin ND and they brought the rest/some of the Troubletones with them.
- And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going from Dreamgirls. Solos: Mercedes.
- Proud Mary by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Solos: Artie, Tina and Mercedes with New Directions.
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. Solos: Rachel and Finn with New Directions.
- Don't Rain on My Parade from Funny Girl. Solos: Rachel.
- You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Artie and Mercedes with New Directions.
- (Offscreen) Somebody to Love by Queen.
- Journey Medley
- Faithfully by Journey. Solos: Rachel and Finn with New Directions.
- Any Way You Want It/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' by Journey. Solos: Rachel, Artie, Mercedes, Kurt, Finn and Puck with New Directions.
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. Solos: Rachel, Mercedes, Finn, Puck, Santana, Kurt and Artie with New Directions.
- Unknown Song. Solos: Kurt. (He didn't do it due to his transfer to the Dalton Academy at the end of Furt).
- Unknown Ballad Song. Solos: Finn and Rachel.
- Unknown Rock Song. Solos: Merceds with New Directions.
- (I've Had) The Time of My Life by Billy Medley and Jennifer Warnes. Solos: Quinn and Sam with Mercedes, Santana and New Directions.
- Valerie by The Zutons (cover by Amy Winehouse). Solos: Santana with New Directions.
- Sing by My Chemical Romance. Solos: Rachel and Finn with New Directions.
- Get It Right by Glee. Solos: Rachel with New Directions Girls.
- Loser Like Me by Glee. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Santana, Brittany and Mercedes with New Directions.
- Pretending by Glee. Solos: Rachel and Finn.
- Light up the World by Glee. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Artie, Santana, Tina and Brittany with New Directions.
- Jackson Medley
- Michael Jackson songs (As stated in Michael)
- Fly/I Believe I Can Fly by Nicki Minaj ft. Rihanna/R. Kelly. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Artie, Mercedes, Santana and Blaine with New Directions.
- What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) by Kelly Clarkson. Solos: Mercedes, Santana and Brittany with Troubletones as New Directions.
- Here's to Us by Halestorm. Solos: Rachel with New Directions.
- Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga. Solos: Santana, Quinn, Mercedes, and Tina with Troubletones as New Directions.
- It's All Coming Back to Me Now by Celine Dion. Solos: Rachel with New Directions.
- Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf. Solos by: Rachel, Finn, Puck, Santana, Mercedes, Mike, Kurt, Blaine, and Brittany with New Directions.
- An unknown Marley and Blaine duet.
- Gangnam Style by PSY. Solos: Tina with Ryder, Kitty and New Directions.
- Dream Weaver by Gary Wright
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Eurythmics
- You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates
- Hall of Fame by The Script feat. will.i.am. Solos: Artie, Jake, Joe, Ryder and Sam with New Directions Boys.
- I Love It by Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX. Solos: Brittany, Kitty, Tina and Unique with New Directions Girls.
- All or Nothing by Glee. Solos: Blaine and Marley with New Directions.
- More Than a Feeling by Boston. Solos: Blaine and Tina with New Directions
- America by Neil Diamond. Solos: Artie, Kitty, Sam, and Unique with New Directions
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2. Solos: Artie, Blaine, Sam, and Tina with New Directions
Sung in a Competition Rank
- Rachel (Sung 13 times)
- Artie (Sung 11 times)
- Finn (Sung 10 times)
- Mercedes and Santana (Sung 9 times)
- Blaine and Tina (Sung 7 times) -
- Brittany (Sung 5 times)
- Kurt, Puck, Quinn and Sam (Sung 4 times)
- Mike (Sung 3 times)
- Kitty and Unique (Sung 2 times)
- Jake, Joe, Marley and Ryder (Sung 1 time)
- Matt, Lauren, Rory and Sugar (Haven't sung)
Current and Previous Members
(Arranged in the chronological order of joining)
|No.||Name~||Status||Solos*||Position||First Joined||Last Appearance as Member|
|1||Mercedes Jones||Graduated||39||Member, Composer||Pilot||Goodbye|
|2||Kurt Hummel||Graduated||20||Member, Pianist|
|3||Artie Abrams||Graduated||61||Member, Guitarist||New Directions|
|4||Tina Cohen-Chang||Graduated||42||Member, Pianist, Costume Committee, Female Lead|
|5||Rachel Berry||Graduated||44||Co-Captain, Female Lead, Composer||Goodbye|
|6||Finn Hudson||Graduated||42||Co-Captain, Male Lead, Drummer, Guitarist, Composer|
|7||Quinn Fabray||Graduated||14||Member, Female Lead, Composer||Showmance|
|8||Santana Lopez||Graduated||25||Member, Choreographer, Composer, Female Lead|
|9||Brittany Pierce||Graduated||21||Member, Choreographer||All or Nothing|
|10||Noah Puckerman||Graduated||12||Member, Guitarist, Pianist, Ambassador, Composer||Preggers||Goodbye|
|11||Mike Chang||Graduated||5||Member, Choreographer, Booty Camp Instructor|
|12||Matt Rutherford||Transferred||0||Member, Choreographer, Back-Up Singer||Journey|
|13||Jesse St. James||Transferred||2||Member, Consultant||The Power of Madonna||Funk|
|14||Sam Evans||Graduated||30||Member, Guitarist||Duets||New Directions|
|15||Lauren Zizes||Quit||1||Member, Back-Up Singer||Special Education||New York|
|16||Blaine Anderson||Graduated||37||Member, Pianist, Male Lead||The Purple Piano Project||New Directions|
|17||Rory Flanagan||Transferred||2||Member, Costume Committee, Back-Up Singer||Pot o' Gold||Goodbye|
|18||Sugar Motta||Quit||2||Member, Costume Committee, Back-Up Singer||Hold on to Sixteen||All or Nothing|
|19||Joe Hart||Quit||4||Member, Guitarist, Costume Committee||Big Brother|
|20||Unique Adams||Disbanded||9||Member||The New Rachel||New Directions|
|21||Marley Rose||Disbanded||17||Member, Composer, Pianist|
|22||Jake Puckerman||Disbanded||18||Member, Guitarist, Booty Camp Instructor, Dancer||Britney 2.0|
|23||Ryder Lynn||Disbanded||13||Member, Drummer||Dynamic Duets|
|24||Kitty Wilde||Disbanded||15||Member, Booty Camp Instructor, Dancer|
*Only solos where the whole club performed
~Only members who have been part of the club for more than one episode.
(Temporary Members are not Included)
Season One Table
|Season One||Summer Break|
|Finn Hudson||Joined / Quits / Rejoined||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active|
|Matt Rutherford||Joined||Active||Absent / Sick||Active||Transferred|
|April Rhodes||Joined / Dropped Out||Visited|
|Jesse St. James||Joined||Active||Absent||Active||Absent||Transferred|
Season Two Table
|Season Two||Summer Break|
|Quinn Fabray||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active||Quits|
|Santana Lopez||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active|
|Brittany Pierce||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active|
|Noah Puckerman||Active||Absent / Sent to Juvie||Active|
|Jesse St. James||Rejoined as a Consultant||Active||Resigned|
|Sunshine Corazon||Joined / Transferred|
Season Three Table
|Season Three||Summer Break|
|Tina Cohen-Chang||Active||Absent / Sick||Active|
|Santana Lopez||Kicked Out||Rejoined||Quits||Rejoined||Active||Graduated|
|Blaine Anderson||Joined||Active||Absent / Surgery||Active|
Season Four Table
|Season Four||Season Break|
Season Five Table
|Season Five||Summer Break|
|Finn Hudson||One||Joined / Quits / Rejoined||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active|
|Two||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active||Quits|
|Two||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active|
|Two||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active|
|Two||Active||Absent/Sent to Juvie||Active|
|Matt Rutherford||One||Joined||Active||Absent/ Sick||Active||Transferred|
|April Rhodes||One||Joined / Dropped Out||Visited|
|Jesse St. James||One||Joined||Active||Absent||Active||Absent||Transferred|
|Two||Rejoined as a Consultant||Active||Resigned|
|Four||Active||Quits / Rejoined||Active||Disbanded||Active|
New Direction's enemy has been Vocal Adrenaline since "Pilot" when they sang "Rehab." The real tension didn't start until "Hell-O," when Rachel started to go out with Jesse St. James, the lead of Vocal Adrenaline. Jesse then joined New Directions, in which everyone thought he was a spy. Also, Will made out with Shelby Corcoran, who was coach at time for Vocal Adrenaline (but now, she is a former coach of Vocal Adrenaline) in "Hell-O." In "Funk," Jesse switched back to Vocal Adrenaline, and they put New Directions in a funk by singing "Another One Bites the Dust." New Directions got them back by singing "Give up the Funk." At Regionals, Vocal Adrenaline won. But later, Shelby Corcoran adopted New Direction member Quinn Fabray's baby, Beth Corcoran. Now, Shelby is no longer the coach. Instead, it is now run by Dustin Goolsby who took New Direction's newest star singer, Sunshine Corazon and transferred her to Vocal Adrenaline. They competed against Vocal Adrenaline at Nationals in 2011. Despite their respective groups being enemies, leads Rachel and Sunshine Corozon made up before their Nationals performances.
The Football players normally pick on the glee kids. In Mattress, Dave Karofsky and Azimio Adams threaten to draw on Finn's face. In Theatricality they bully Tina and Kurt. Karofsky and Azimio however later goes to attack Kurt for his Lady Gaga costume, but are stopped when the entire New Directions appears in their own Lady Gaga and KISS costumes, forcing them to retreat.
In Never Been Kissed, Dave bullies Kurt in a far more personal and constant manner which becomes more and more difficult for Kurt to deal with. When Kurt finally stands up to him, he kisses Kurt, but when Kurt does not return the kiss, he becomes enraged and begins to bully Kurt even more intently to the point of threatening to kill him should Kurt ever tell anyone about the kiss.
In The Sue Sylvester Shuffle, Mr. Schuester and Coach Beiste, arrange to have the Football Team and New Directions join forces to perform Thriller/Heads Will Roll at the halftime show at the championship game. Both groups were reluctant at first, especially Dave. They put aside their differences at first but when the Hockey Team slushies the Football team, The Football Team backs out of the performance and quit the team. Later, the girls join the football team to fill in and almost cause them to lose. Puck convinces the football team except Dave to return and perform during the halftime show. Dave later watches the halftime show and enthusiastically joins in halfway through. After the performance the football team wins the championship game. When Finn later asks Dave to join New Direction permanently, Dave refuses, telling him that nothing has changed.
In Silly Love Songs, Finn mentions that it's been a week since anyone in the Glee Club has been slushied. This shows that even though the Football Team and the Glee club aren't friends, they have reached an understanding.
Sue has been a common enemy of New Directions since the pilot where she wanted the Glee club to be demolished. She has made several attempts to get rid of them. These include becoming a co-director of New Directions in "Throwdown," where she divided the team up to foster discord; sending Quinn, Santana, and Brittany to spy on the club; attempting to disqualify the club for their mattress commercial, and leaking their setlist to the opposition for Sectionals in Season 1. She also upset several individual members, such as Quinn Fabray by kicking her off the Cheerios, leaving her with just Glee club. In "Funk," she let Vocal Adrenaline put New Directions in a funk by giving them access to the choir room to vandalise it, and the auditorium so they could prepare their "funk-ification" number. In "Audition," she told Vocal Adrenaline about Sunshine Corazon, a very talented student who had joined New Directions, and Sunshine was subsequently poached to the other team. During "The Substitute," she developed a hatred towards New Direction member Mercedes Jones for demolishing her car. She also fired Will in her capacity as the new school principal (but later rehired him after Holly Holiday proved incompetent).
However, she does have her moments of being kind/considerate to New Directions and its members. During "The Power of Madonna," she lets Kurt and Mercedes join the Cheerios after they help boost her self-esteem by making a video recreation of "Vogue." In "Wheels" she realizes she could do more to help the handi-capable students and writes a check to install three new wheelchair ramps in the school, including into the auditorium. In "Grilled Cheesus" she took an unpopular stance against religious/spiritual music in Glee Club on behalf of Kurt, and when questioned about it proved to have sincere motives. In "Furt" she utilised her authority as new school principal to try and stop the constant bullying Kurt faced, going so far as to expel Dave Karofsky. When the expulsion was overturned, she resigned her new post in protest.
Despite her hatred of New Directions, she actually saved them from disbanding. When she was a judge at Regionals, she defended New Directions to the other judges, and voted for them as the winner, but sadly they still came in last place. Later she saw the club perform "To Sir, With Love," and utilised the last of her blackmailing leverage against Figgins to give the Glee club another year. As of Big Brother she is helping them win Nationals
Bryan Ryan was an old friend of Will, and he talked to the glee club during "Dream On" about how they will never get far. He ended up almost getting rid of them, but later he started to like them, and then hated them again, and then didn't do anything to them.
Sandy was the old coach of the Glee club, and he teamed up with Sue in "Preggers" to get Rachel to quit New Directions. This worked, but Rachel returned. He befriends Will, and helps New Directions win the battle in "Funk." Later in "A Night of Neglect," he joins Sue's League of Doom, and helps form the hecking club. He and members Azimio, Becky and Jacob manage to heckle Tina off the stage. Later, after watching Mercedes's performance of "Ain't No Way," he breaks-down and decides to use his drug money to help the Braniacs go to Detroit
The Unholy Trinity
A group of friends consisting of Quinn Fabray, Santana Lopez and Brittany Pierce, the most popular girls in the school. During the first episodes of the Season One, they used to think that the glee club was stupid and only for nerds and geeks. In Showmance, however, they join New Directions because Quinn was secretly jealous of Finn and Rachel's relationship. When Sue Sylvester discovers that they have joined, she is surprisly glad, and she demands them to work as a double-agents, spying for her, which the three of them accept. They are no longer considered enemies.
Terri Del Monico
Terri hasn't been so much about the Glee club. In "Throwdown" she encourages Will to get in the gutter to win the battle between Sue and him. In "Mattress," she blames her fake pregnancy on the Glee Club. In "Funk," she helps members like Puck and Finn. She scored them plane tickets to New York in "Funeral."
As another show choir at McKinley High, The Troubletones' main performers all used to be in New Directions, until swapping over to become featured more frequently. After watching them in Mash Off, New Directions knew they had some competition to beat at the 2011 Sectionals. They competed against New Directions at the 2011 Sectionals, and placed 2nd, losing out to New Directions. After Sectionals, director Shelby Corcoran left the school and the choir disbanded, with Santana, Brittany, and Mercedes rejoining New Directions along with Sugar.
Jane Addams Academy
After witnessing the Academy's routine for sectionals, New Directions decided to attempt hairography, but fails to put together a routine that looked as good as the Academy's. At Sectionals 2009, Sue leaked the New Direction's setlist to the Academy and Haverbrook's School for the Deaf. Hesitantly, they copied the routines, but ended up failing anyway.
Haverbrook School for the Deaf
Two other teams were at Sectionals 2009, and cheated off of New Directions. Emma defended them, and eventually New Directions won, having to make a new setlist.
Vocal Adrenaline competed against New Directions at 2010 Midwest Regional Championship, and Vocal Adrenaline won. They also competed against New Directions and other show choirs in the whole country for the 2011 Nationals, wherein they placed in the top ten.
Aural Intensity competed with New Directions at 2010 regionals. At 2011 regionals, they competed again against New Directions but lost.
The Hipsters are a group of adults in high school. They are New Directions' competition for Sectionals 2010. They placed third overall.
Dalton Academy Warblers
In Season 2, The Warblers are New Directions main rival at Sectionals 2010. They are an a cappella group from an all boys school. Kurt spies on them, and sees that they are really good. Kurt develops a friendship with their lead singer, Blaine, and they become good friends. He eventually transfers to Dalton and performs Hey, Soul Sister with them at Sectionals. Unlike prior Glee Groups, there appears to be no actual dislike or rivalry between New Directions and the Warblers, as seen when the Warblers call Kurt out on spying, and then invite him for coffee in a friendly gesture.
In Furt, Kurt switches to the Dalton Academy Warblers, causing the tension to become even deeper. But later, they both tie at Sectionals and thus move onto the regional competition. Then at Regionals, as the New Directions perform "Loser Like Me," Kurt gets the other Warblers to wear foam fingers and lead the crowd in cheering on the New Directions.
New Directions faces off with The Warblers for a third time in On My Way, but not before having a showdown three episodes prior to see who could perform Michael at Regionals. The New Directions allow their opponent to take the victory, however neither of the show choirs perform Michael Jackson. After Sebastian's menacing goes too far, he apologizes to several members of New Directions after Dave's suicide attempt. He decides to donate his proceeds to the Lady Gaga "Born This Way" Foundation, and things are settled. Sebastian leads The Warblers in both their songs at Regionals, and eyes their competition, who stand and praise. To return the favor, The Warblers enthusiastically participated during New Directions' final two numbers. In the end, Dalton Academy is awarded with 2nd place.
The Golden Goblets
The Golden Goblets was a show choir who participated in the 2012 Midwest Regional Championship. They faced off against the New Directions and the Warblers, and come from a religious institution. Although being quite good, as they won their Sectionals and got praise from Puck, were awarded third. They seemed to be quite content with their place, however.
The Unitards are a showchoir that competed in the 2012 Sectionals. Their lead singer is Harmony met Rachel and Kurt at the NYADA mixer. They seemed very happy with their result although they only placed third.
Portland Scale Blazers
Portland Scale Blazers are a show choir that won the 2011 National Show Choir Championship and competed with New Directions, Vocal Adrenaline and 37 other groups in 2012 Show Choir National Championship in Chicago, IL, and came in third place.
(Season 4 and 5)
Below is a list of songs New Directions have sung as a group.
|Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat||Pilot||Artie, Kurt, and Tina|
|You're The One That I Want||Finn and Rachel|
|Don't Stop Believin'|
|Gold Digger||Artie, Mercedes, and Will|
|Push It||Artie, Finn, Mercedes, Rachel, and Tina|
|Don't Stop Believin'||The Rhodes Not Taken||Finn and Quinn|
|Somebody to Love||Artie, Finn, Rachel, and Mercedes|
|Ride wit Me||Throwdown||N/A|
|Keep Holding On||Finn and Rachel|
|Bust a Move||Mash-Up||Will|
|Proud Mary||Wheels||Artie, Mercedes, and Tina with Finn|
|Lean on Me||Ballad||Artie and Mercedes with Tina|
|Hair/Crazy in Love||Hairography||Artie and Mercedes|
|Imagine||Artie, Finn, Mercedes, and Rachel|
|Jump||Mattress||Artie, Finn, Mercedes and Rachel|
|Smile (Charlie Chaplin)|
|You Can't Always Get What You Want||Sectionals|
|My Life Would Suck Without You||Finn, Rachel, and Tina*|
|Gives You Hell||Hell-O||Rachel|
|Hello, Goodbye||Finn and Rachel|
|Like a Prayer||The Power of Madonna||Finn, Jesse*, Kurt, Mercedes, and Rachel|
|Ice Ice Baby||Bad Reputation||Will|
|Total Eclipse of the Heart||Finn, Jesse, Puck, and Rachel|
|One||Laryngitis||Finn, Rachel, and Sean‡ with Mercedes|
|Dream a Little Dream||Dream On||Artie|
|Give up the Funk||Funk||Artie, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes and Tina|
|Faithfully||Journey||Finn and Rachel|
|Any Way You Want It/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'||Artie, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Puck, and Rachel|
|Don't Stop Believin'||Artie, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Puck, Rachel, and Santana|
|To Sir, With Love||Artie, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Rachel, Santana and Tina|
|Empire State of Mind||Audition||Artie, Finn, Mercedes, Puck, Rachel, and Santana|
|Toxic||Britney/Brittany||Brittany, Rachel, Santana, Tina, and Will|
|One of Us||Grilled Cheesus||Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Quinn, Rachel, and Tina|
|There's a Light (Over At the Frankenstein Place)||The Rocky Horror Glee Show||Finn, Kurt*, and Rachel|
|The Time Warp||Artie, Brittany, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Quinn, Santana*, and Tina|
|Forget You||The Substitute||Artie, Holly, Mercedes, and Santana|
|Singing In the Rain/Umbrella||Artie, Holly, and Will|
|Marry You||Furt||Artie, Brittany, Finn, Mike, Quinn, Rachel, Sam, and Tina|
|Just the Way You Are||Finn|
|(I've Had) The Time of My Life||Special Education||Quinn and Sam with Mercedes and Santana|
|Dog Days Are Over||Mercedes and Tina|
|The Most Wonderful Day of the Year||A Very Glee Christmas||Artie, Brittany, Kurt*, Quinn‡, Sam, and Tina|
|We Need a Little Christmas||Kurt*, Mercedes, and Tina|
|Welcome Christmas||Artie, Mercedes, and Rachel|
|Thriller/Heads Will Roll||The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle||Artie, Finn, Rachel, and Santana|
|Sing||Comeback||Finn and Rachel|
|Blame It (On the Alcohol)||Blame It on the Alcohol||Artie, Mercedes, Puck, and Santana|
|Tik Tok||Brittany with Artie and Mercedes|
|Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)||Sexy||Holly|
|Get It Right||Original Song||Rachel with Brittany and Tina|
|Loser Like Me||Finn, Brittany, Mercedes, Rachel, and Santana|
|Born This Way||Born This Way||Kurt, Mercedes, and Tina|
|Don't Stop||Rumours||Finn, Quinn, Rachel, and Sam|
|Pure Imagination||Funeral||Artie, Finn, Kurt, and Tina|
|I Love New York/New York, New York||New York||Artie, Brittany, Finn, Mercedes, Rachel, and Santana|
|Light Up The World||Artie, Brittany, Finn, Rachel, Santana, and Tina|
|We Got the Beat||The Purple Piano Project||Brittany, Rachel, and Santana|
|You Can't Stop the Beat||Artie, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Rachel, and Tina|
|Fix You||Asian F||Will with Artie|
|Last Friday Night||Pot o' Gold||Blaine with Artie and Mike|
|Hit Me with Your Best Shot/One Way or Another||Mash Off||Finn and Santana|
|I Can't Go for That/You Make My Dreams||Finn, Quinn, Rory, and Tina|
|Red Solo Cup||Hold on to Sixteen||Sam with Finn, Mike, Quinn, and Tina|
|ABC||Kurt, Mike, Quinn, and Tina|
|Control||Artie, Blaine, and Quinn|
|Man in the Mirror||Artie, Blaine, Finn, Mike, Puck, and Sam|
|We Are Young||Finn, Mercedes, Quinn, Rachel, Sam, and Santana|
|Do They Know It's Christmas? (Feed The World)||Extraordinary Merry Christmas||Artie, Brittany, Blaine, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Puck, Rachel, Santana, and Tina|
|We Found Love||Yes/No||Rachel and Santana|
|Summer Nights||Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Puck, Rory, Sam, Santana, Sugar, and Tina|
|Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'||Michael||Blaine|
|Bad||Artie, Blaine, Sebastian and Santana|
|Black or White||Artie, Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, and Santana|
|Sexy and I Know It||The Spanish Teacher||David with Artie|
|Love Shack||Heart||Blaine, Brittany, Kurt, Mercedes, Rachel, and Sugar*|
|Fly/I Believe I Can Fly||On My Way||Artie, Blaine, Finn, Mercedes, Rachel, and Santana|
|Here's to Us||Rachel|
|I'm Still Standing||Big Brother||Artie and Quinn|
|Hungry Like the Wolf/Rio||Blaine and Cooper|
|Night Fever||Saturday Night Glee-ver||Blaine, Joe, and Will|
|Stayin' Alive||Finn, Mercedes and Santana|
|It's Not Right But It's Okay||Dance with Somebody||Blaine|
|My Love Is Your Love||Artie, Mercedes, Kurt and Blaine|
|Because You Loved Me||Props||Tina|
|Flashdance... What a Feeling||Rachel and Tina|
|Paradise By The Dashboard Light||Nationals||Blaine, Brittany, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Mike, Puck, Rachel, and Santana|
|It's All Coming Back to Me Now||Rachel|
|Tongue Tied||Artie, Finn, Rachel, and Santana|
|We Are The Champions||Finn, Kurt, Quinn, Puck, Rachel, and Santana|
|You Get What You Give||Finn, Puck‡, Sam*, Mercedes, and Rachel|
|In My Life||Artie, Blaine, Joe, Rory, Sam, Sugar, and Tina|
|Chasing Pavements||The New Rachel||Marley|
|Gimme More||Britney 2.0||Brittany|
|Born to Hand Jive||The Role You Were Born to Play||Jake, Marley, Mercedes, and Ryder|
|You're The One That I Want||Glease||Blaine, Brittany, Finn, Marley and Ryder|
|Holding Out for a Hero||Dynamic Duets||Kitty and Marley|
|Some Nights||Blaine, Jake, Joe, Kitty, Marley, Ryder, Sam and Tina|
|Gangnam Style||Thanksgiving||Tina with Kitty and Ryder|
|Don't Dream It's Over||Swan Song||Blaine, Brittany, Finn, Marley, Sam, and Tina|
|Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas||Glee, Actually||Blaine, Brittany, Jake, Marley‡, and Sam|
|This Is the New Year||Naked||Artie, Blaine, Brittany, Jake, Marley, Ryder, Sam, Tina and Unique|
|Don't Stop Me Now||Diva||Blaine|
|Anything Could Happen||I Do||Artie, Jake, and Marley|
|Shout||Girls (and Boys) on Film||Blaine and Brittany|
|In Your Eyes||Will with Unique|
|Footloose||Artie, Joe, and Sam|
|The Bitch Is Back/Dress You Up||Feud||Ryder and Unique|
|I Still Believe/Super Bass||Blaine and Sue|
|Closer||Jake and Ryder|
|Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go||Guilty Pleasures||Blaine and Sam|
|Mamma Mia||Blaine, Kitty, Marley, Sam, and Unique|
|More Than Words||Shooting Star||Brittany and Sam|
|Say||Blaine, Brittany, Kitty, Marley, Sam, and Ryder|
|Outcast||Sweet Dreams||Jake, Kitty, Marley, Ryder, and Unique|
|We Will Rock You||Lights Out||Artie, Blaine, Jake, and Ryder|
|Longest Time||Artie, Jake, Kitty, Marley, Ryder, and Sam|
|For Once in My Life||Wonder-ful||Artie|
|Superstition||Blaine, Marley, and Mercedes|
|I Wish||Jake with Marley|
|Hall of Fame||All or Nothing||Artie, Jake, Joe, Ryder, and Sam|
|I Love It||Brittany, Kitty, Tina, and Unique|
|All or Nothing||Blaine and Marley|
|Help!||Love, Love, Love||Blaine and Sam|
|All You Need Is Love||Blaine|
|Hey Jude||Tina in the Sky with Diamonds||Blaine, Kitty, Sam, and Tina|
|Let It Be||Artie, Kitty, and Tina|
|Seasons of Love||The Quarterback||Mercedes, Santana, Kurt, Puck, Tina, and Mike|
|I'll Stand by You||Mercedes|
|If I Die Young||Santana|
|Fire and Rain||Artie and Sam|
|Roar||A Katy or A Gaga||Tina, Unique, Kitty, and Sam|
|Blurred Lines||The End of Twerk||Will, Artie, Jake, and Bree|
|On Our Way||Unique, Blaine, Sam, Ryder, Artie, Jake, Tina, Kitty, and Marley|
|Movin' Out||Movin' Out||Blaine and Sam|
|You May Be Right||Will, Jake, Ryder, Artie, and Kitty|
|You're My Best Friend||Puppet Master||Blaine|
Blaine, Tina, Jake, and Artie
|Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree||Previously Unaired Christmas||Will, Marley, Kitty, Jake, and Artie|
|Away In A Manger||Kitty|
|Whenever I Call You Friend||Frenemies||Artie and Tina|
|My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)||Artie and Tina|
|Breakaway||Artie, Tina, and Blaine|
|Hold On||Trio||Tina, Blaine, Artie, and Sam|
|I Love L.A.||City of Angels||Will, Blaine, Artie, Jake, and Sam|
|More Than a Feeling||Blaine and Tina|
|America||Artie, Unique, Sam, and Kitty|
|I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For||Sam, Blaine, Artie, and Tina|
|Raise Your Glass||100||April and Will|
|Happy||Holly, Mercedes, Blaine, and Will|
|Don't Stop Believin'||New Directions||Rachel, Artie, Blaine, Tina, Kurt, and Will|
- * denotes that singer was included on the album version only.
- ‡ denotes that singer was included on the episode version only.
Almost every member of the club auditioned, although some of them didn't because they already proved their talent like Puck, who was in Acafellas; Finn, who sung in the showers and was heard by Will; Matt and Mike, who danced to Single Ladies; Sam, who sung with the New Directions Boys; Jesse and Blaine, who were the leads of Vocal Adrenaline and the Dalton Academy Warblers respectively and Joe, who was heard singing with The God Squad. However, Jacob and Lauren joined without an audition because they joined as quick replacements for Finn and Kurt, respectively. Ryder and Kitty didn't audition for New Directions due to their talent in the school production of Grease, and to complete the number of members needed for New Directions. It is assumed that Artie auditioned, though it wasn't shown.
- Mercedes: Respect by Aretha Franklin
- Kurt: Mr. Cellophane from Chicago
- Tina: I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry
- Rachel: On My Own from Les Misérables
- April: Maybe This Time from Cabaret
- Quinn, Brittany, and Santana: I Say a Little Prayer by Dionne Warwick
- Sunshine: Listen from Dreamgirls
- Sugar: Big Spender from Sweet Charity
- Rory: Take Care Of Yourself by Teddy Thompson
- Marley: New York State of Mind by Billy Joel
- Jake: Never Say Never by The Fray
Other people joined after performing a number with/before other New Direction members:
- Blaine: It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones
- Sam: Billionaire by Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars
- Puck, Mike, and Matt: Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyoncé
- Joe: Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes
Songs for the Assembly (Showmance):
Songs for the Invitational (The Rhodes Not Taken):
- Last Name sung by April with New Directions
- Somebody to Love sung by Rachel, Finn, Mercedes and Artie with New Directions
Boys vs Girls Mash-Up Competition (Vitamin D):
- It's My Life/Confessions Part II sung by Finn, Artie and Puck with the New Directions Boys
- Halo / Walking on Sunshine sung by Rachel and Mercedes with the New Directions Girls
- Hate on Me sung by Mercedes with Tina and Sue's Kids
- No Air sung by Rachel and Finn with Will's Group
First Diva-Off (Wheels):
Wheelchair Number (Wheels):
- Endless Love sung by Will and Rachel
- I'll Stand by You sung by Finn
- Crush sung by Rachel
- Lean on Me sung by Artie and Mercedes with Tina and New Directions
Hairography Number (Hairography):
Songs that say Hello (Hell-O):
- Hello, I Love You sung by Finn
- Gives You Hell sung by Rachel with New Directions except Finn
- Hello, Goodbye sung by Rachel and Finn with Mercedes and New Directions
WWMD (What Would Madonna Do?) (The Power of Madonna):
- Express Yourself sung by the New Directions Girls
- Borderline/Open Your Heart sung by Rachel and Finn
- What It Feels Like For a Girl sung by the New Directions Boys and Will
- Like a Prayer sung by Rachel, Finn, Mercedes, Kurt and Jesse (single) with New Directions
Finding a new Home (Home):
Songs with Bad Reputation (Bad Reputation):
- Ice Ice Baby sung by Will with New Directions
- U Can't Touch This sung by Artie with Tina, Brittany, Kurt and Mercedes
- Run Joey Run sung by Rachel, Puck, Jesse and Finn with Brittany and Santana
Songs that best represent your feelings (Laryngitis):
- The Climb sung by Rachel
- Jessie's Girl sung by Finn
- Lady Is a Tramp sung by Puck and Mercedes
- Pink Houses sung by Kurt
- The Boy Is Mine sung by Mercedes and Santana
- Rose's Turn sung by Kurt
- One sung by Rachel, Finn, and Sean (episode) with Mercedes and New Directions
Theatricality Number (Theatricality):
- Bad Romance sung by Kurt and the New Directions Girls
- Shout It Out Loud sung by the New Directions Boys except Kurt
- Beth sung by Puck and Finn with the New Directions Boys except Kurt
Funk Number (Funk):
- It's a Man's Man's Man's World sung by Quinn with Pregnant girls
- Good Vibrations sung by Puck, Finn and Mercedes
- Give up the Funk sung by Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Artie, and Tina with New Directions
Song to recruit new members (Audition):
Adult Contemporary songs (Britney/Brittany):
Religious songs (Grilled Cheesus):
- Only The Good Die Young sung by Puck
- I Look to You sung by Mercedes with Tina and Quinn
- Papa, Can You Hear Me? sung by Rachel
- I Want to Hold Your Hand sung by Kurt
- Losing My Religion sung by Finn
- One of Us sung by Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Tina and Quinn with New Directions
Duets Competition (Duets):
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart sung by Finn and Rachel
- River Deep, Mountain High sung by Mercedes and Santana
- Le Jazz Hot sung by Kurt
- Sing! sung by Mike and Tina
- With You I'm Born Again sung by Finn and Rachel
- Lucky sung by Sam and Quinn
Songs for the school musical (The Rocky Horror Glee Show)
- Science Fiction/Double Feature sung by Santana
- There's a Light (Over At the Frankenstein Place) sung by Rachel, Finn and Kurt (album) with New Directions
- Damn It, Janet Sung by Finn and Rachel with Quinn, Kurt, and Mercedes
- Sweet Transvestite sung by Mercedes with Santana and Brittany
- Time Warp sung by New Directions
Boys vs Girls Second Mash-Up Competition (Never Been Kissed):
- Start Me Up/Livin' on a Prayer sung by the New Directions Girls
- Stop! In the Name of Love/Free Your Mind sung the New Directions Boys
- Marry You sung by New Directions
- Sway sung by Will
- Just the Way You Are sung by Finn with New Directions
Christmas Carols (A Very Glee Christmas):
- The Most Wonderful Day of the Year sung by New Directions
- We Need a Little Christmas sung by New Directions
- Merry Christmas Darling sung by Rachel
- Welcome Christmas sung by New Directions
Halftime Routine (The Sue Sylvester Shuffle):
- She's Not There sung by Finn with the Football Team
- Thriller/Heads Will Roll sung by New Directions and the Football Team
Love Songs (Silly Love Songs):
- Fat Bottomed Girls sung by Puck with the New Directions Boys
- P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) sung by Artie with New Directions
- My Funny Valentine sung by Tina
- Firework sung by Rachel with the New Directions Girls except Quinn
- Baby sung by Sam and Artie (album)
- Somebody to Love sung by Sam and Artie with Puck and Mike
- Take Me or Leave Me sung by Rachel and Mercedes
- I Know What Boys Like sung by Lauren with Tina and Brittany
- Sing sung by Rachel and Finn with New Directions
Songs that show the dangers of drinking (Blame It on the Alcohol):
- Blame It (On the Alcohol) sung by New Directions
- Tik Tok sung by Brittany with Artie, Mercedes and New Directions
Original songs for Regionals (Original Song):
- Only Child sung by Rachel
- Trouty Mouth sung by Santana
- Big Ass Heart sung by Puck
- Hell to the No sung by Mercedes with Tina, Santana, Brittany and Lauren
Songs for the Benefit Concert (A Night of Neglect):
- I Follow Rivers sung by Tina
- Bubble Toes danced to by Mike
- Turning Tables sung by Holly
- Ain't No Way sung by Mercedes
Songs that show Acceptance (Born This Way):
- I Feel Pretty/Unpretty sung by Rachel and Quinn
- I've Gotta Be Me sung by Finn
- Born This Way sung by New Directions except Santana
Fleetwood Mac Tribute (Rumours):
- Dreams sung by Will and April
- Never Going Back Again sung by Artie
- I Don't Want to Know sung by Finn and Quinn
- Go Your Own Way sung by Rachel with New Directions
- Songbird sung by Santana
- Don't Stop sung by New Directions
Songs for Junior Prom (Prom Queen):
- Rolling in the Deep sung by Rachel and Jesse
- Friday sung by Artie, Puck and Sam
- Jar of Hearts sung by Rachel
- I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You sung by Blaine with Tina and Brittany
- Dancing Queen sung by Mercedes and Santana
Auditions for the solo in the Nationals 2011 (Funeral):
- Back to Black sung by Santana
- Some People sung by Kurt
- Try A Little Tenderness sung by Mercedes
- My Man sung by Rachel
Original songs for Nationals 2011 (New York):
- My Cup sung by Brittany and Artie
- Pretending sung by Finn and Rachel with New Directions
- Light Up The World sung by New Directions
Songs for the Purple Piano Project (The Purple Piano Project):
- We Got the Beat sung by New Directions
- Chopsticks played by Tina with Mike
- It's Not Unusual sung by Blaine with the Cheerios except Brittany
- You Can't Stop the Beat sung by New Directions
- Somewhere sung by Rachel
- I Am The Greatest Star sung by Kurt
- Something's Coming sung by Blaine
- Spotlight sung by Mercedes with Tina and Brittany
- Cool sung by Mike
- Out Here On My Own sung by Rachel and Mercedes
- Tonight sung by Rachel and Blaine
- A Boy Like That/I Have A Love sung by Rachel and Santana
- America sung by West Side Story Cast except Kurt, Blaine, and Rachel
- One Hand, One Heart sung by Rachel and Blaine
New Directions vs. Troubletones (Mash Off):
- I Can't Go For That/You Make My Dreams sung by New Directions
Songs performed by a female artist "Lady Music Week" (I Kissed a Girl):
- I Kissed a Girl sung by Rachel and Santana with Mercedes, Tina, Brittany, Quinn, and Sugar
- I'm The Only One sung by Puck
- Perfect sung by Kurt and Blaine with New Directions
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun sung by Finn with Artie and the New Directions Boys
- Constant Craving sung by Santana, Shelby and Kurt
Songs for the Christmas Special: (Extraordinary Merry Christmas):
Proposal Songs (Yes/No):
- Moves Like Jagger/Jumpin' Jack Flash sung by Artie with Finn, Puck and Blaine
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face sung by Rachel, Tina, Santana and Mercedes
- Without You sung by Rachel
- We Found Love sung by Rachel and Santana the New Directions
WWMJD (What Would Michael Jackson Do?) (Michael):
- Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' sung by Blaine with the New Directions
- Never Can Say Goodbye sung by Quinn with the New Directions Girls
- Human Nature sung by Mercedes and Sam
- I Just Can't Stop Loving You sung by Rachel and Finn
- Black or White sung by New Directions
Songs of Hispanic Relation (The Spanish Teacher):
- Don't Wanna Lose You sung by Mercedes
- Bamboleo/Hero sung by Sam with the New Directions Boys
- La Isla Bonita sung by Santana and David
- A Little Less Conversation sung by Will
World's Greatest Love Songs (Heart):
- L-O-V-E sung by Tina and Mike
- Let Me Love You sung by Artie with Kurt, Puck, Sam, and Mike
- Home sung by Rory
- I Will Always Love You sung by Mercedes
Songs from "Saturday Night Fever" (Saturday Night Glee-ver):
- Night Fever sung by Will, Joe, and Blaine with New Directions and Sue
- Disco Inferno sung by Mercedes with Santana and Brittany
- If I Can't Have You sung by Santana with Kurt, Tina, and Mercedes
- How Deep Is Your Love sung by Rachel with Jazz Band
- More Than a Woman sung by Finn with Kurt and Santana
- Stayin' Alive sung by New Directions
Whitney Houston Tribute (Dance with Somebody):
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) sung by Brittany and Santana with the Cheerios
- Saving All My Love for You sung by Quinn and Joe
- So Emotional sung by Rachel and Santana
- It's Not Right But It's Okay sung by Blaine with New Directions except Kurt
- I Have Nothing sung by Kurt
- My Love Is Your Love sung by New Directions
Anti-Domestic Violence Songs (Choke):
- Cell Block Tango sung by Mercedes, Tina, Santana, Brittany and Sugar
- Shake It Out sung by Mercedes, Tina, and Santana
Songs for Senior Prom (Prom-asaurus):
- Dinosaur sung by Brittany with the Cheerios.
- What Makes You Beautiful sung by Artie, Mike, Sam, Rory and Joe
- Love You Like a Love Song sung by Santana with Tina and Brittany
- Take My Breath Away sung by Quinn and Santana
Songs to say Goodbye (Goodbye):
- Forever Young sung by Will
- I'll Remember sung by Kurt
- You Get What You Give sung by Finn, Puck (episode), Rachel, Mercedes, and Sam (album) with the New Directions Seniors
- In My Life sung by Tina, Artie, Sam, Blaine, Rory, Joe, Sugar with Will
- Glory Days sung by Finn and Puck
Songs by Britney Spears (Britney 2.0):
- Boys/Boyfriend sung by Blaine and Artie with the New Directions Boys
- 3 sung by Tina, Joe and Sam
- Gimme More sung by Brittany with New Directions
- Everytime sung by Marley
Auditions for Grease (The Role You Were Born to Play):
- Hopelessly Devoted to You sung by Blaine
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) sung by Marley and Unique
- Juke Box Hero sung by Finn and Ryder
- Everybody Talks sung by Kitty and Jake
- Born to Hand Jive sung by Jake, Marley, Mercedes, Ryder with New Directions, Mike and Kitty
Grease rehearsals and show (Glease):
- Greased Lightning sung by Ryder and Sam with the New Directions Boys except Blaine, Finn, and Mike
- Beauty School Drop Out sung by Blaine with the New Directions Girls except Sugar, Santana and Kitty
- There Are Worse Things I Could Do sung by Santana, Cassandra and Unique
- You're the One That I Want sung by New Directions and Alumni except Puck and Quinn
Dynamic Duets (Dynamic Duets):
- Superman sung by Jake and Ryder.
- Holding Out for a Hero sung by Kitty and Marley with New Directions
Ladies' Choice (Sadie Hawkins):
- I Don't Know How to Love Him sung by Tina
- Tell Him sung by Marley and Brittany with New Directions Girls
- No Scrubs sung by the New Directions Boys except Jake
- Locked Out of Heaven sung by Marley and Unique with the New Directions Girls except Kitty
- I Only Have Eyes For You sung by Ryder with Unique, Joe and Artie
Men of McKinley Calendar (Naked):
- Centerfold/Hot in Herre sung by Sam, Jake and Ryder with the New Directions Boys and the Cheerios
- Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself) sung by Jake
DIVA Week (Diva):
- Diva sung by New Directions Girls and Blaine
- Don't Stop Me Now sung by Blaine with New Directions
- Hung Up sung by Tina
Songs from Movies (Girls (and Boys) on Film):
- Shout sung by Blaine and Brittany with New Directions
- Old Time Rock & Roll/Danger Zone sung by Blaine and Sam with the New Directions Boys
- Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend/Material Girl sung by Marley and Unique with the New Directions Girls
- Footloose sung by Artie, Sam and Joe with New Directions
Musical Feuds (Feud):
- The Bitch Is Back/Dress You Up sung by Ryder and Unique with New Directions
- Bye Bye Bye/I Want It That Way sung by Will and Finn with the New Directions Boys
- I Still Believe/Super Bass sung by Blaine and Sue with New Directions and the Cheerios
Guilty Pleasure Songs (Guilty Pleasures):
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go sung by Blaine and Sam with New Directions
- Copacabana sung by Sam with New Directions
- Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) sung by Blaine
- Wannabe sung by the New Directions Girls
- My Prerogative sung by Jake with the New Directions Boys
- Mamma Mia sung by Rachel, Santana, Kurt and New Directions
Last Chance Songs (Shooting Star):
- More Than Words sung by Brittany and Sam with New Directions
- Your Song sung by Ryder
- Say sung by New Directions
Unplugged Songs (Lights Out):
- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' sung by Sam with Ryder
- Everybody Hurts sung by Ryder
- We Will Rock You sung by New Directions
- Longest Time sung by New Directions
Stevie Wonder Week (Wonder-ful):
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours sung by Kitty with New Directions
- Superstition sung by Mercedes and New Directions with Mike and Kurt
- You Are the Sunshine of My Life sung by Kurt with Marley, Tina and Kitty
- I Wish sung by Jake with Marley and New Directions
- Higher Ground sung by Mercedes
- For Once in My Life sung by Artie with New Directions
The Beatles Tribute Week One (Love, Love, Love):
- Drive My Car sung by Artie and Kitty with New Directions
- Got to Get You into My Life sung by Blaine and Kurt
- You've Got to Hide Your Love Away sung by Artie and Kitty
- Help! sung by Blaine and Sam with New Directions, Vocal Adrenaline and Dalton Academy Warblers
- I Saw Her Standing There sung by Blaine, Jake, Ryder and Sam
- All You Need Is Love sung by Blaine with New Directions including Mercedes, Rachel, and Santana, Vocal Adrenaline, Dalton Academy Warblers and Haverbrook School for the Deaf
The Beatles Tribute Week Two and Prom Night (Tina in the Sky with Diamonds):
- Revolution sung by Tina
- Something sung by Sam with Jake and Ryder
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band sung by Jake, Marley, Ryder and Unique
- Hey Jude sung by Blaine, Kitty, Sam and Tina
- Let It Be sung by Artie, Kitty, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and Tina
Finn (The Quarterback):
- I'll Stand by You sung by Mercedes with New Directions
- Fire and Rain sung by Artie and Sam with New Directions
- If I Die Young sung by Santana
- No Surrender sung by Puck
- Make You Feel My Love sung by Rachel
Katy vs Gaga (A Katy or A Gaga):
- Applause sung by Artie, Sam, Blaine, Marley and Ryder
- Wide Awake sung by Tina, Unique, Jake and Kitty
- Roar sung by New Directions and Pamela Lansbury
Twerk (The End of Twerk):
Billy Joel Tribute (Movin' Out):
- Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) sung by Blaine and Sam with New Directions
- Piano Man sung by Blaine and Spotlight Diner Staff
- My Life sung by Jake with New Directions
- Honesty sung by Artie
- An Innocent Man sung by Ryder
- Just the Way You Are sung by Blaine, Kurt, Rachel, Sam and Santana
- You May Be Right sung by Will and New Directions
Green Christmas, Auditions for Virgin Mary and Christmas Nativity Scene (Previously Unaired Christmas):
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree sung by Will and New Directions
- Mary's Boy Child sung by Marley, Tina and Unique
- Love Child sung by Unique with Marley, Tina and New Directions
- Away In A Manger sung by Kitty, Kurt, Rachel, Santana and New Directions
Lesson Number 100: Reinvent Songs Previously Sung by the Glee Club (100):
- Raise Your Glass sung by April and Will with New Directions and Alumni
- Toxic sung by Quinn, Brittany and Santana
- Defying Gravity sung by Kurt, Mercedes and Rachel
- Valerie sung by Brittany and Santana with New Directions and Alumni
- Keep Holding On sung by Puck with New Directions and Alumni
- The name "New Directions" is a play on the words "Nude Erections," pointed out by Ryan Murphy in the visual commentary for Pilot who stated that "no one ever got that joke." This is reinforced by the fact Will gets the idea for the club name naked in bed.
- The club never starts the season off with enough members.
- Season One: The club had just been created and only five auditioned and were accepted. Another had been recruited.
- Season Two: The club started off eleven members because Matt had transferred schools. Sam got his place in the club.
- Season Three: The club started off with ten members because Sam transferred and Lauren and Quinn quit the club. Sam and Quinn rejoined, and Blaine filled in for Lauren.
- Season Four: The club members started off with eight members because eight of them graduated and one was deported. Unique joined and open auditions were held.
- Season Five: The club started off with nine members due to Brittany Pierce graduating in All or Nothing and Joe and Sugar quitting, without explanation, after that episode.
- The first six members joined separately, while the second six joined in threes.
- Artie and Tina are the members that have been in the club the longest.
- Though they supposedly meet before and after classes, it appears that they often meet during school hours, but this is not explained.
- Every member has dated, made out with, crushed on or slept with at least one other member.
- Though the Glee club is not treated very kindly by the rest of the school, they get applauded and cheered for by McKinley students when performing at pep rally assemblies and invitationals.
- Though Emma said in Special Education that for the competition Will always has Finn and Rachel sing a ballad with Mercedes wailing on the last note, Will has only featured this setlist once. He planned the setlist this way for Regionals, but he never planned a setlist for Sectionals in Season One; the glee club members did that on their own. However, she was probably referring to the normal group numbers that feature Finn and Rachel singing lead with Mercedes singing the last note as it was common practice throughout Season One.
- Will often says that the Glee club will do a number that can be performed at a competition, but this has yet to happen (ex: Defying Gravity, Gold Digger, Flashdance... What a Feeling, etc.).
- In Sectionals, Rachel states that when you are last to perform you are the one that is fresh to the judges minds and when last, the judges will appreciate it more. They have never once lost in a competition when they were in the third or first slot, with the exception of 2013 Nationals, where they were in the last spot and came in 2nd place.
- Will states in one episode that the New Directions were one of the most diverse clubs in the school. Members have included at least five Christians (Kitty, Joe, Mercedes, Quinn, and Sam), four Jews (Jake, Puck, Rachel, and Tina), at least one atheist (Kurt), five LGBT members (Kurt and Blaine being gay; Unique being transgender; Santana being a lesbian; and Brittany being bisexual), four African-Americans (Jake, Matt, Mercedes, and Unique), one Latina (Santana), three Asians (Mike, Tina, and Sunshine), a foreign exchange student (Rory), two physically disabled people (Artie and Quinn, but she recovered), and two dyslexic people (Ryder and Sam).
- So far Rachel, Finn, Santana, Tina, Puck, Mercedes, Brittany, Will and Marley have all written at least one original song. Quinn aided in writing one, though unintentionally. Sue was also the inspiration for one of their original songs.
- The only members who have never been slushied on-screen are Brittany, Lauren, Rory, Sugar, Joe, Ryder, and Kitty.
- Rachel, Santana, and Tina and are the only members who have gotten a full solo in a competition. Coincidentally, they are all female.
- Rachel, Finn, Quinn, Sam, Marley, Blaine and Tina are the only members who have sung in a duet in a competition.
- Rachel and Tina are the only members who have sung a solo, a duet and a group number in a competition.
- Blaine has also accomplished this, but he was not a member of New Directions when he sang a solo.
- Sugar has the most amount of absences in almost twenty group numbers since she joined the club.
- Artie, Tina and Brittany are the members to have won the most Regionals competitions.
- Sugar and Matt are the only former members not to appear in any Christmas episodes.
- Tina and Artie are the only members to have competed in all of the competitions up to date.
Will Schuester (former)