|Intimacy Level:|| Best friends|
One Night Stand
The Quinn-Santana Relationship, more commonly known as Quinntana, is the friendship between Quinn Fabray and Santana Lopez. They seem to have a competitive on-off friendship at times, and a solid friendship at others. They slept together in I Do.
OverviewIn the beginning of Season One, Quinn and Santana are together on the Cheerios with Brittany. They seem to be very close, but when everybody finds out Quinn is pregnant, they appear to be distant, not as close as they were before the news came out. In the beginning of Season Two, they compete for the spot of head cheerleader and even have a physical fight in the hallway related to it. Quinn ultimately gets the spot because Santana got a boob job. They are friends again while on the Cheerios, but then quit in The Sue Sylvester Shuffle. Quinn is dating Sam and Santana seems jealous of all relationships, because of her lack of a relationship. Santana tells Sam that Quinn cheated on him with Finn (which is true). Sam breaks up with Quinn, and then he begins to date Santana. Quinn is seen looking at them jealously during Rachel's house party. Santana and Sam ultimately break up because Santana uses Karofsky as her beard because she's in love with Brittany. Quinn and Santana run against each other for Prom Queen, and neither wins. In New York, Quinn and Santana are seen talking and being friendly.
They talk in the hotel room with Brittany because Quinn feels like everyone else has love except for them. She is very down at that point, so Brittany and Santana comfort her and suggest she gets a hair cut. Quinn also mentions that she's "not into that." She thought Santana was talking about having sex with each other, as she knows that Santana and Brittany have before. In Season Three Santana is back on the Cheerios, while Quinn quit the Glee Club and joined The Skanks. Santana and Brittany try to convince Quinn to rejoin the Cheerios, they say 'We joined Cheerios together, Glee Club together, we all slept with Puckerman the same year. We're like besties for life.' She says that she won't come back. Quinn rejoins Glee Club and the Cheerios later in the year. Santana is forced out of the closet, and Quinn seems very supportive of her. In Season Four, they meet again in Thanksgiving, and have a conversation in the choir room, which culminates in them slapping each other, before Brittany intervenes. In the episode I Do, Quinn begins flirting with Santana and eventually sleep together twice because they were drunk. Quinn states it is only a one-time thing and Santana agrees by saying they could make a two time thing out of it.
Quinn and Santana are both seen laughing at and commenting meanly on Rachel's video singing On My Own on MySpace with their accounts SkySplits (Quinn) & HiHoCheerio (Santana). Afterwards Santana joins Quinn as she confronts Finn about talking with Rachel and watches her from the side.
Also, in a deleted scene of Pilot, they are seen in the bathroom making fun of Rachel, with Santana saying "Getting ready for the tranny prom, Rachel?"
Santana and Quinn can be seen walking down the hallways together in the beginning of the episode. In the celibacy club, Santana twirls in her skirt and Quinn says "God bless the pervert that invented these skirts." In the Assembly they sit together and when Will says Glee is making a comeback, they smile at each other. Also Santana along with Brittany does background vocals for their audition of I Say a Little Prayer.
Quinn and Santana try to convince Rachel to hire a professional dance coach, Dakota Stanley (Vocal Adrenaline coach dancer). They also try to encourage Mercedes to go out with Kurt, even though they know Kurt is gay. At the Cheerios car wash fundraiser, Quinn and Santana are seen goofing around together and laughing while washing the same car in Cheerio's bikini tops. After the New Directions fire Dakota Stanley, Quinn and Santana are seen in a private meeting with Sue as Sue tells them that they have failed.
Santana is seen half-hugging and fooling around with Quinn during the New Direction's Lean on Me.
While Puck and Quinn are baby-sitting Kendra Giardi's children, Puck has a sex chat with Santana over his phone. Santana approaches Quinn the next day and tells Quinn about it out of malicious joy, which shocks Quinn.
Kurt mentions that Quinn has "beef" (a rivalry) with Santana and Brittany. Quinn is also seen watching Santana and Brittany vandalize old thunderclaps, she appears to be staring at them both longingly, missing her old life.
When Santana performs 4 Minutes with the Cheerios, Quinn is seen watching happily.
When the New Directions go roller skating, Quinn and Santana are seen fooling around in the background and holding hands.Jacob is interviewing them about their summer, they can be seen standing together along with Brittany. When Jacob focuses the camera on Santana's boobs, Quinn tries to push it back up. Quinn steals Santana's head cheerio status by telling Sue about Santana's boob job that she got over the summer. This causes Santana to attack her and ends up with them having a fight in the school hallway, only to be stopped by Will. When Will asked what happened to New Directions being a family, Santana insults Quinn saying that she already has a family. Quinn responds in anger, and then tells Santana to fix her hair up before heading to class.
Quinn looks sorry for Santana later in the episode when she is at the bottom of the cheerleading pyramid, seemingly regretting her decision to tell on her.
Quinn mentions Santana to Sam, saying "I need to find a way to get Santana off my heels!," implying that Santana is still plotting against her.
Quinn does appear to enjoy Santana and Mercedes' duet of River Deep, Mountain High shimmying along, laughing and staring at Santana's backside. However, Santana seems very much disheartened by Quinn's duet with Sam, and even more so when they win.
Santana and Quinn are double cast for the role of Magenta in Rocky Horror.
They are forced by Sue to decide between Glee Club and the New Directions. They discuss what they're going to do in the bathroom together with Brittany. Suddenly, Sue appears and tries to convince them that their life would be miserable out of the cheerios. Eventually they quit Glee Club together. When Brittany is tricked into agreeing to be shot out of a cannon, Quinn and Santana are convinced by Finn to quit the Cheerios to protect her and rejoin the New Directions.
When the glee club gangs up against Santana, Quinn joins them and mentions how Santana recently said that she's sad Quinn didn't give birth to a lizard baby. Santana later notices the sparks between Finn and Quinn, and has an idea how she could get revenge. She kisses Wes Fahey, who was infected with mono, and kisses Finn almost immediately after that. When Quinn and Finn share a kiss later, Quinn gets infected with mono too. Santana shafts them the next day over it.
Santana asks Sam about his relationship about Quinn. She explains to Sam that he knows Quinn kissed Finn but that he was willing to believe her story to stay with her, and that he has an opportunity to show everyone that he is not a pushover. Santana then asks Sam out.
Seeing Santana making out with Sam at Rachel's Party, keeps Quinn from enjoying it (among others). When Santana is drunk, she accuses Sam of liking Quinn more than her and talks about how pretty and clever Quinn is.
Both Quinn and Santana are running for Junior Prom Queen (Quinn with Finn and Santana with Karofsky). When Santana sings Dancing Queen with Mercedes, Quinn dances while she is walking to Santana, who smiles back at her.Light Up The World. When the winner of the competition is being announced they are holding hands in the background. Quinn also holds back Santana when she's accusing Rachel of their loss.
Santana and Quinn are seen in It's Not Unusual when Santana, Quinn, and the Cheerios burn another Purple Piano. Santana later asks Quinn to join the Cheerios and Glee Club with Brittany, saying "It's not the same without you," which Quinn declines by saying she has found new friends now, who like her for who she is.
After Josh Coleman (sophomore rugby captain) calls Santana out to "make her normal," Quinn comes to her defense by saying that being gay isn't a choice. Quinn then sings back-up for Santana (and Rachel) during I Kissed a Girl. As soon as the performance is finished, Santana hugs Quinn to thank her for her support, to which Quinn happily obliges. Both vote for Brittany for class president during the elections.
After Sectionals, Quinn approaches The Troubletones, which Santana is part of, to ask them to rejoin New Directions. Santana doesn't even want to let Quinn speak, but Quinn still tries to win them back. Santana laughs at Quinn when she confesses, "I know I've gone a little crazy this year." When Santana says that she doesn't think Mr. Schuester would allow them to come back, Quinn contradicts, and says that he already has and that he agreed to let them sing a song at every competition. This is what finally convinces her to go back to the New Directions.
Santana makes a proposition to The God Squad, which Quinn is part of, to deliver a love song to Brittany. When the members of the squad afterwards discuss doing it, Quinn is clearly on Santana's side. She later sings Cherish/Cherish to Brittany for Santana together with her God Squad friends. She smiles at Santana during the performance.
When the Warblers perform Glad You Came Santana is holding Quinn's hand and clapping along to the music with her. She also tells Rachel, while she's waiting for Quinn to attend her wedding, to face Quinn's not coming.
Quinn is seen dancing by waving her hand to the disco song, If I Can't Have You, sung by Santana.Quinn and Santana have both been nominated for prom queen. In the choir room, Santana calls Quinn her home girl. They were both ordered the task to count the votes together so no sabotaging occurs and to make it fairer. Quinn admits she doesn't trust Santana "and she definitely doesn't trust me." After meeting in the Spanish room, both Santana and Quinn ended up with the same results to which Quinn wins by one vote. Quinn tells Santana that she doesn't feel right winning this title. Santana then says she deserves it "With you being a cripp and all." Quinn talks about how lucky and how successful both their high school careers were, to which Santana counters "Well, it would be boring if we weren't so awesome." Together, they both sabotage the votes, so Rachel wins. Quinn and Santana sing Take My Breath Away as a duet for the first king and queen dance. During the song, Quinn stands with the support of Santana, starting to cry and putting her arm around her as they smile at each other.
They have a special moment together before performing at Nationals and speak about how they started together and that they will end this together, Santana holds her hand. Quinn is seen laughing and hugging Santana after the announcement of the winners of Nationals 2012.
Santana smiles at Quinn while Will is singing Forever Young and they hold hands. When Quinn is passing by in the hallway Santana nods to her and Quinn smiles. Santana hugs Quinn when they're both waving goodbye to Rachel and they are seen laughing together.
Quinn's return to Lima for the holidays reunites the seniors (except Kurt and Rachel). Santana and Quinn sing Homeward Bound/Home with Finn, Mercedes, Puck and Mike. Later, the six of them go to BreadstiX together and Finn asks them to help mentor the newbies in New Directions. When Quinn tells about her secret society, Santana looks unimpressed and forces a smile. When Kitty and Quinn start bonding, Santana walks in the choir room and confronts Quinn, saying that Kitty is evil and gave Marley laxatives. Santana, knowing Kitty did it, due to her psychic Mexican third eye. Quinn tells Santana to "give it up" and to stop being jealous of her. Quinn goes on to reveal her relationship with a 35-year old married Yale professor who will soon divorce his wife to start dating Quinn, which Santana isn't too happy about. They mock each other until the mocking goes too far, leading up to the two slapping each other, right before Brittany walks in and stops them.
Later they are on the stage in one of NYADA's auditorium talking and laughing when Rachel entered. They begin singing Love Song. During the trio's performance, Santana rolls her hand giving the spotlight to Quinn when she starts "Promise Me....." Santana also dances to Quinn's solo in the song by moving her shoulders. They seemed to be really enjoying themselves while they sang and dance. At the end, Rachel invites the both of them to dinner.Just Can't Get Enough of Blaine and Kurt, they dance together. Santana puts her necklace around Quinn's neck and they laugh together when Sue is about to throw the bouquet. Similarly, when Finn and Rachel are singing We've Got Tonight, they slow dance and Quinn tells Santana that she has never slow danced with a girl before and that she likes it. After that, they are seen running towards the hotel room together flirting and giggling.
The next scene shows them lying naked in a bed together, discussing the prior events. Quinn admits that she always wondered how it would be like to be with a woman, but it was a one-time thing for her. Santana tells her not to worry and suggests they make it a two-time thing. Quinn is seen smiling at her and leaning forward, which implies they are going to have sex again.
Santana was referring to Quinn when she told Rachel about being with college girls who wanted to experiment.
While feuding with Rachel, Santana mentions that after being in New York, she thought that her only girl friend was Rachel, and comparing her to Quinn and Brittany. She says that she never spoken to Quinn lately and since she's so far away, she isn't an alternative.
Both Quinn and Santana come back to Lima for Mr. Schue's special Glee club assignment. Trying to cheer up Brittany, Santana convinces her to perform Toxic with Quinn.
The following day, while giving a speech about Rachel's ruthless behaviour in front of everyone, Santana finally reveals to her that Quinn and her rigged the Senior Year Prom Queen election and decided to give the title to Rachel.
Sang Together (In a Group Number)
|Express Yourself||The Power of Madonna||Rachel, Mercedes, and Tina|
|Bad Romance||Theatricality||Kurt, Tina, and Mercedes|
|Time Warp||The Rocky Horror Glee Show||Kurt, Finn, Artie, Brittany, Tina, and Mercedes|
|God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen||Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album||Mercedes, Tina, and Rachel|
|We Are Young||Hold on to Sixteen||Rachel, Finn, Sam, and Mercedes|
|Edge of Glory||Nationals||Mercedes and Tina|
|We Are the Champions||Finn, Puck, Rachel, and Kurt|
|Homeward Bound/Home||Thanksgiving||Mike, Mercedes, Finn, and Puck|
|We've Got Tonite||I Do||Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Blaine, Jake, Marley, Artie, and Betty|
- I Say a Little Prayer by Dionne Warwick. (Showmance)
- You Keep Me Hangin' On by The Supremes. (Throwdown)
- I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry. (I Kissed a Girl)
- Cherish/Cherish by Madonna/The Association. (Heart)
- Come See About Me by The Supremes. (Thanksgiving)
- Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode. (I Do)
- They are both part of the Unholy Trinity (with Brittany).
- They were the first two of the Unholy Trinity to appear, introducing Brittany in Showmance.
- The role of Brittany was only created short-term, which means the Unholy Trinity was originally only going to be the "Quinn-Santana relationship."
- In real life, Dianna Agron and Naya Rivera are best friends.
- At first, Santana was Quinn's sidekick (along with Brittany).
- They were the most popular girls at William McKinley High School until they graduated, though Quinn's popularity waned at times (such as during her pregnancy and self-imposed exile from the glee club at the start of Season Three), and Santana's popularity waned when the school found out she was a lesbian.
- They ran for Prom Queen position two times at the same years (Prom Queen and Prom-asaurus).
- Quinn is the main young antagonist of the first season (and for part of the second one), while Santana fulfills this role for the second season and for parts of the third.
- They are often both considered bitches and mean girls.
- They have been smokers at some point, though it is implied that Quinn has stopped after leaving The Skanks (Santana mentioned she smoked in Funeral, and Quinn was seen smoking in The Purple Piano Project and I Am Unicorn).
- They were considered the prettiest and sexiest girls of the school until they graduated.
- They are Sue's favorite students (along with Becky and Brittany).
- They both joined the Cheerios and the Glee Club together (with Brittany).
- Santana has dated every boy Quinn has had at least one date with: Finn, Sam and Puck.
- They both have dated, dumped and slept with Puck in Season One.
- Quinn seems to have known that Santana was lesbian before she came out of the closet. (New York)
- Santana most likely told Quinn due to their close friendship.
- They both initially hate Rachel when the show starts, but now are both good friends of hers, even travelling to New York to convince her not to do a topless scene (Naked).
- They both played the same character in The Rocky Horror Glee Show.
- They have both been captain of the Cheerios.
- They both initially hate the Glee club, but later join it together (both also join at the same time as Brittany).
- It is said that Kitty was based on Quinn and Santana, as a mix of the two's personalities.
- They have both slapped each other; first in Audition and again in Thanksgiving.
- Quinn thought that Santana was jealous of her. Although, Santana states that she isn't when they fight in Thanksgiving. This could date back to seasons 1 and 2, when Quinn was the most popular girl in school, and the head Cheerio and Santana was more or less Quinn's sidekick.
- At first, Quinn and Santana seem to be best friends, but later in the show Brittany and Santana are shown as being closer (due to their relationship). They still consider each other as best friends.
- While filming Thanksgiving, Ryan Murphy tweeted saying that their relationship was his "new favorite thing."
- Quinn told Santana that she's not really into homosexual sex in New York, but later she had sex with Santana twice and told her that it was fun in I Do.
- They both used fake IDs at a bar in I Do.
- Quinn can tell by the slightest quiver in Santana's upper lip, which way they are going to move when performing, implying they communicate very well. (Thanksgiving)
- They have slept together. (I Do)
- Santana considers them as the two ends of the same bitch, goddess spectrum. She also implies that's why they love each other so much and slap each other. (I Do)
- Santana considers Quinn her homegirl. (Prom-asaurus)
- Santana is the first girl with whom Quinn has ever slow danced. (I Do)
- Both have been disapproved of by a family member. (Quinn by her father due to her pregnancy in Ballad and Santana by her "abuela" due to her sexuality in I Kissed a Girl)
- In Bad Reputation, Quinn ranked her and Santana as the two hottest members of the New Directions on the Glist; she was #1 and Santana was #2.
- In some way they both had slept with Finn
|Character relationship(s) displayed: