Prior to the third season of Glee, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa was one of six new writers hired to join the show's writing team, which at the time consisted solely of Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk. The other five writers hired for the team were Marti Noxon, Allison Adler, Michael Hitchcock, Matthew Hodgson, and Ross Maxwell.
- He was born in Washington D.C.
- He has written 11 published plays.
- He was a co-producer, story editor and writer for Big Love.
- He wrote a special crossover arc for Archie Comics entitled Archie Meets Glee.
- He wrote the screen adaptation of the remake of Stephen King's Carrie, released in October 2013.