|Intimacy Level:|| Ex-Boyfriend and Girlfriend |
During the We Are Young performance, Sugar leaps into Artie's lap.
Artie asks Sugar to do a duet with him for the proposal number assignment. However, she declines his offer, guessing correctly that he wanted to ask her out.Rory for Sugar's affections and to go along with her to her party at Breadstix, including buying her a stuffed dog, putting confetti at her locker, and singing Let Me Love You for her with the New Directions Boys, which pleases her. She then leaps into his lap and tells him to wheel her to class. At first she seems to pick Artie as her valentine, but when Rory announces his Visa has expired and he'll be moving back to Ireland, Sugar chooses Rory instead out of sympathy.
Sugar and Artie appear several times in the choir room. During the song Heroes, New Directions were painting a wall. Sugar first was painting one side with Brittany and soon they join Sugar and Artie - they kiss in sticky ink. It seems that they're dating. They are both later seen singing Some Nights with the rest of the glee club.
Following New Directions' loss at Sectionals, when the New Directions' come back to a stripped choir room for a meeting, Artie mentions that Sugar bailed, meaning she quit.
Artie meets Betty at the wedding; they are shown to have had sex. This suggests Artie and Sugar are not in a relationship anymore.
Their relationship is shortly mentioned, when Kitty counts Artie's ex-girlfriends.
Sang Together (In a Group Number)
|In My Life||Goodbye||Sam, Tina, Joe, Blaine, and Rory|
- We Are Young by Fun. (Hold on to Sixteen)
- Let Me Love You by Mario. (Heart)
- L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole. (Heart)
- Heroes by David Bowie. (Dynamic Duets)
- Artie often gives Sugar a ride on his wheelchair, as like with many of his girlfriends.
- In Heart, whenever Sugar hid "special surprises" under her audience's chairs, she always hid Artie's surprise elsewhere, since Artie uses a wheelchair.
- Vanessa Lengies said she thinks Sugar should've chosen Artie instead of Rory.