|The God Squad|
|Head:||Mercedes Jones (former)|
|Institution:||William McKinley High School|
The God Squad is a group of Christian students at William McKinley High School, who attempt to spread the word that being a Christian is not just about reading the Bible, and that it can be "cool." The squad currently consists of two members; Sam Evans and Joe Hart with Quinn Fabray and Mercedes Jones as former members since they had graduated.
The first time The God Squad is introduced, is in the thirteenth episode of Season Three, Heart. Their first scene begins with a meeting of welcoming Quinn back and to welcome Joe. After discussion on how to raise money, Sam Evans suggested that the squad should offer to sing vocal valentines or telegrams to their customers loved onces, since the New Directions decided they were not going to do it. First they sang Stereo Hearts to Rachel from Finn. Santana then asked them to sing to her girlfriend, Brittany, to which Joe was uneasy about. In the next meeting they discuss whether or not to sing to Brittany because it may upset Joe, due to the fact that he claimed to have 'never met a gay person' and he wasn't sure if he believed this act was acceptable in his faith, so instead he told the rest of the squad he would think about it. During Sugar's party, Joe decides that 'Love is love' and they do the performance to Brittany from Santana and sing Cherish/Cherish.
After members of the God Squad hear the news of Dave Karofsky's suicide attempt, Mercedes calls an emergency meeting to pray for him. Quinn then makes the comment of praying for Karofsky's family, for they need the support more. When Sam wasn't completely clear on what had happened, Mercedes explained how people covered his Facebook page with hateful comments about his sexuality, and wrote "FAG" on his gym locker. Soon, Kurt joined the meeting, and after a brief debate with Quinn, came to pray. Joe confesses that he was the one to invite Kurt after his request. They then ask Kurt that they will plan to go see Dave in the hospital and that Kurt can join them if he wants to.
- Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes (feat. Adam Levine) (Heart) (from Finn to Rachel)
- Cherish/Cherish by The Association/Madonna (Heart) (from Santana to Brittany)
- In Heart, a list of their goals is written on a whiteboard behind Mercedes, and they include "praying for Artie's legs" and "secretly baptizing people." They also do Community services (Shoe Drive, Adopt a Highway).
- Since Quinn and Joe only joined in Heart, it means that Mercedes and Sam were the only members prior.
- While the God Squad performed singing telegrams for people, it is unknown whether they themselves choose the songs or whether they are asked to sing a certain song on request.
- Since Mercedes and Quinn graduated, Sam and Joe are currently the only members. If there are others, they have yet to be shown.
- Sam was surprised that another boy wanted to join in Heart.