Sorry for the long hiatus regarding the new admins on the wiki. The wait in finally over, though, and we feel like we've established a system that will get the wiki back to being stable and a friendly environment. So, here is our current plan:
- Start nominations of users who would be active and fair admins.
- Make sure those users meet certain requirements.
- The current admins meet and decide out of those nominated, who they feel are fit for the job
- Ta-da, new admins, and everyone is happy. :)
Here are the requirements we have established for the nominees:
- Preferrably nominated by somebody else — If somebody else (or more than one person) nominates you, it shows the community trusts you.
- Active editor — You should actively be editing articles to improve them, and undoing any vandalism.
- Contributor for at least 5 months — This will prove you're committed to the wiki. As well as will prevent people from creating new accounts to try and meet requirements that way.
- No blocks — You cannot have ever been blocked recently or for something serious.
- Don't be involved in drama.
- If the person is already admin, they aren't included in this process. Therefore do not nominate them.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR 4 NEW ADMINS SO OUR BOARD WILL CONSIST OF 12 ALL TOGETHER.
So, as of know, feel free to start with your nominations. There is a limit of four nominees per person, so we don't have to sort through pages and pages of entries. Choose wisely and remember your nominees must follow the given requirements. Your comment must include a thorough reason as to why you think the users you have nominated are right for the job, not just "they're nice and have a lot of edits." The comments that are like that will not be counted. We want to make sure the admin staff is constructed with the most dedicated and hard-working users.
Once we receive all the possible nominees, another blog will be created with their names, so everyone is updated as to who is in the running of becoming admin. From there, the admins will meet and negotiate with one another about what users, out of the ones nominated, we think are right for the position. After we have made our decision, someone from the wiki staff will approve and grant promotions. I hope everyone is happy with this method; it allows the users to have a say and the admins to as well, so there won't be any further disagreements. Stay tuned once nominations are over.
Good luck and have fun!
Nominations are now closed.