|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||Abril 21, 2012|
|Written by||Samchel fan|
|Directed by||Samchel fan|
Dance of Truth
Here is the chapter 2. The last 3 members will be on next episode.
Sorry for posting so long. It's because now it's the 'text time' in my school DX
Good reading ;)
So here is what you missed in The New Members!
Two years passed, and now Will Shuester have to find more talent kids to Glee club be back. And this kids are: Violet, Gina, Lucas, Randy, Walker and Amy. Will they won Regionals and become famous in McKinley? Also, Sue recruts Rachel Cruz and Justine Callaway to spie New Directions.
And it's what you miss in Glee: The New Members!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________ Guys. I am pleased to introduce you to the Choir Room. - Will opened the door of the Choir Room for New Directions. All entered the room and analyzed the room carefully.
- I loved it! - Amy said while she was spinning in the room.
- I thought it was something more interesting. I mean, it's just a normal room. - Walker said. - There is nothing surprising here. This needs to change - Walker wrote in his notepad with his red pen.
- At least this is our room. The Book Club has to make the meetings in the library and we can’t talk there. - Violet said as she sat in a chair.
- That’s annoying. - Randy said. He and the other members sat in chairs.
- I have great news for you. - Will spoke - We will make our first apresentation to the school this Friday.
All were surprised.
- In this Friday? But we are still in the middle of the month! - Gina said.
- Mr. Shuester, when you talk “to school”, you mean the whole school? - Violet asked.
- What is the problem of introducing yourselves to the whole school? - Will asked.
- We are ashamed to present ourselves in public. Especially because comparing to the rest of the school, we are zero on the scale of popularity.- Lucas said. All agreed.
- Don’t worry about it. Sooner or later, you will see that others will do audition. - Will said.
- And who would? - Violet asked sarcastically.
- Excuse me.
Everyone looked at the door. A boy with black hair and green eyes stood in front of the door.
- I heard you say that this is the Glee Club. I wanted to do an audition, if they don’t care. - The boy said.
- You know that moment when we are talking about one issue unresolved and magically this “solution” appears in front of us? - Amy whispered to Gina - It just happened.
- See? We took a student who wants to present - Mr. Shuester said smiling. - So who are you and what song will you sing?
- My name is Charlie. Charlie John Thompson. - Charlie said smiling.
- Oh my God! - Amy pointed to gaping Charlie - You're from the Thompson family!
- Who are the Thompson? - Lucas asked.
- Thompson's family is one of the richest families in Lima. - Amy spoke as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.
- Then they are like the Kardashians. But living in Ohio. - Walker said confused.
- Glad to know my family. - Charlie said smiling - I would like to join the Glee Club because my dream is to go on Broadway. Music is my passion and I will follow my dreams.
- Yay, we have a dreaming boy here. - Randy spoke without animation.
- I will sing The Reason by Hoobastank. - Charlie said.
- A dreamer boy with a good musical style - Gina whispered to Randy.
The guitarist began playing the guitar slowly. Then followed the drummer and rhythm guitarist Brad accompanied with the piano.
“I'm not a perfect person. There's many things I wish I didn't do” Charlie sang. “But I continue learning. I never meant to do those things to you. And so I have to say before I go. That I just want you to know.”
“I've found a reason for me; to change who I used to be. A reason to start over new; and the reason is you. And the reason is you!” Charlie threw back his head as he sang and then looked at Violet.
“I'm not a perfect person. I never meant to do those things to you. And so I have to say before I go; that I just want you to know.” Charlie sang looking to Violet “I've found a reason to show; a side of me you didn't know; a reason for all that I do. And the reason is you.”
Violet was confused. Why that boy named Charlie was looking at her like that? And why was he singing to? That made no sense.
- Very good Charlie! - Will the New Directions and everyone applauded.
- Thank you. - Charlie replied.
- I think we all agree to say: Welcome to the club! - Will all congratulated and applauded again. Charlie thanked Will and kept looking at Violet, as if he wanted to tell her something.
Rachel and Justin were on the soccer field with the Cheerios. Sue hasn’t appeared to start training, so they sat on the grass talking.
- A few days began the selections for the captain of Cheerios. I'm training day and night for Coach Sue to be impressed with me. - Rachel talked to Justine.
- I think we should do what Coach Sue asked us. - Justine said.
- The spin triple? I'm still not ready to start training now. - Rachel lay on the grass.
- No. It's about…- Justine lowered her voice - the Glee Club.
- Are you still with this in your mind? We can do it next month, next week ...
- Tomorrow. - Justine suggested,
- Justine. - Rachel sat up and looked at Justine - You don’t understand. Being Cheerio for me is more important than this club singers. This is my life.
- Don’t remember what I said last week? If we do what Coach told us, we will won her trust so you can be the captain of Cheerios. - Justine whispered.
- Cheerios! - Sue shouted as he approached the Cheerios with a girl. All cheerleaders are arranged and formed a queue. - I want to introduce our new Cheerio. She is Anne and other Spanish names.
- Mary Anne Joyce Solé. - Anne spoke with a Spanish accent. - But rather just Annie.
Rachel looked at Annie. She had black hair with bangs and brown eyes clear. He had a little tanned skin, indicating that Anne could be a Latina. Rachel was surprised to find another person with relatives Latinos.
- Ok, Bailey. - Sue slapped on the shoulder of Anne. - Now get away from me before I get some Spanish disease.
Annie looked confused to Sue Sylvester, but she joined Cheerios.
- Welcome to Cheerios - said Rachel to Anne.
- Thank you. - Anne smiled.
Justin raised an eyebrow.
- Being nice now? Rachel, are you bipolar or something? - Justine asked whispering.
- Don’t you see? This girl may try to steal my chance to be the captain of Cheerios. I'm not being nice to her to be her friend.
- Sometimes I ask why I'm your friend. - Justine said jokingly.
Violet was in the library section of musical biographies. While she was distracted, Charlie Thompson went after her.
- Looking for something? - He asked.
Violet turned back scared.
- My God, don’t scare me like that. - Violet said, placing a hand in place of your heart. - Ah. It's you. The Thompson boy.
- I know your name. - Violet said sarcastically. - Besides, what are you doing here? You following me?
- No. I just like to come here once in a while. I feel at home here. - Charlie joked as he looked at biographies of artists.
- Sorry, but you don’t look like someone who likes music.
- Why do you think that? - Charlie asked, smiling.
- You're from a rich family. You're on the football team. - Violet said. - I saw you wearing the jacket of the football team. It could only be yours. Or someone has borrowed.
- Are you following me? You notice many things, it is you who seems to be following me.
Violet rolled her eyes.
- Anyway, just because I'm popular and I come from a rich family, doesn't mean you don't like music. - Charlie picked up a biography of Kurt Cobain - My dream is to go to Broadway. It may seem strange, but true.
- And you? What are you doing here, Violet?
- I'm looking for songs for our presentation to the school this Friday. - Violet said. - And don’t answer me with something related to Broadway.
- Don’t worry, I know what you're talking about. Moreover, almost no one likes Broadway’s songs.
- We must do something more modern. Like, for our age.
Charlie put the biography of Kurt Cobain back on the shelf.
- I think I have an idea - he said smiling.
- Wow. I didn’t know that Lima had coffee shop. - Gina said. She was in Lima Bean with Lucas.
- Although Ohio is almost a desert, until here we have advantages in having the coffee shop.
Gina drank some of her cappuccino.
- I am also surprised that you have invited me to breakfast with you.- Gina said.
- Just because we are in the Glee Club, doesn’t mean that we can’t be friends. - Lucas shrugged.
- I agree.
- Gina... Can I ask you a something?
- You don’t need to answer if you want. But... when you were singing Rumor Has It... It was for someone specific?
Gina held her breath. Does Lucas realized something? Yes, there was a meaning she chose a song from Adele for your audition. But... Would it be right to tell this to someone? Mainly for Lucas?
- Well... It's complicated. – was all that Gina could speak.
- I understand. But you don’t need tell me. If you need anything, just call me. - Lucas grabbed Gina's hand.
Gina shook her head. She had to forget the past and move forward.
- What?! - Violet asked. She and all the New Directions were in the Choir Room.
- What's wrong, Violet? - Charlie asked.
- The problem is your choice of the song we will sing for the school.- Gina said.
- Wait, wait. I still don’t understand anything. Can you explain again? - Lucas asked confused.
- I said we should sing Cell Block Tango for a school presentation. - Charlie said, smiling.
- And the answer is no. - said Violet - Charlie, you promised: no Broadway.
- Actually, it has the Broadway musical version of Chicago and the movie version. - Charlie replied.
- What's wrong with Cell Block Tango? - Amy asked.
- Cell Block Tango is what you speak of “sexy riot” - Walker replied. - There are woman prisoners with fancy clothes singing as they killed their husbands in tango style.
- Cool. - Amy said.
- My parents wouldn’t let me do this. It's against my religion. - Randy said.
- Relax. It's just tango. - Charlie shrugged.
- And who will teach us to dance? - Lucas asked.
- It would be a pleasure if I done.
Everyone looked at the door of the Choir Room. Justine stood in the door sheepishly.
- Deja vu. - Amy said.
- First a member of the football team. Now a Cheerio? Who else will come here, a Skank member? - whispered Randy to Walker.
- I know it seems strange that a cheerleader want to do an audition... But I found it interesting that club and I would like to be part of it. - Justine said.
- At least one Cheerio is good. - Whispered Walker to Randy.
- Well My name is Justine Callaway and I will sing There's A Fine, Fine Line from the musical Avenue Q.
- Finally someone that understands Broadway. - Charlie whispered to Violet. She rolled her eyes.
Brad began playing the piano slowly. Justine was in the center of Choir Room.
“There's a fine, fine line; between a lover, and a friend. There's a fine, fine line; between reality, and pretend” Justine sang “And you never know 'til you reach the top; if it was worth the uphill climb. There's a fine, fine line between love, and a waste of time.”
- What emotional lyrics. - Lucas whispered to Gina.
“There's a fine, fine line; between a fairy tale, and a lie. And there's a fine, fine line; between ‘you're wonderful’ and ‘goodbye’. I guess if someone doesn't love you back; it isn't such a crime. But there's a fine, fine line between love, and a waste of your time.”
“And I don't have the time to waste on you anymore. I don't think that you even know what you're looking for. For my own sanity I've got to close the door. And walk away...” Justin closed his eyes. “Oh…”
“There's a fine, fine line; between together, and not. And there's a fine, fine line; between what you wanted, and what you got.” Justin opened his eyes. “You gotta go after the things you want while you're still in your prime.”
“There's a fine, fine line between love, and a waste of time.”
Justine looked at the New Directions. Gina was crying and Lucas tried to calm her. Randy, Walker, Amy and Violet exchanged glances, looking pleased. And Charlie was smiling at her with admiration.
- If I were Mr. Shue, I would say “Welcome to New Directions”. And that's what I’ll say. - Charlie said, spreading his arms - Welcome to the New Directions!
- Thank you.
- Now that you are part of the Glee club, you will teach us tango? - Lucas asked.
- I said: not Cell Block Tango! - Violet said. - Cell Block Tango isn’t a good song to perform. We need something that everyone enjoys.
- The public enjoys Chicago. - Charlie joked.
- No. I'm talking about songs such as... - Violet's eyes brightened.
- So we're thinking? - Walker said.
- Exactly. - Violet said.
Principal Figgins walked to center stage in the gym armed.
- Good morning. Before anything, I would like to warn that students with diabetes will have to go to the nurce for the vaccine at noon daily. Now, I present ... New Directions!
The curtains parted. Justine took the stage spinning and wearing a black leather.
“Oh… I can't go any further than this” While Justine sang, the New Directions came dressed in black leather “Oh… I want you so badly, it's my biggest wish.”
“I spend my time just thinking-thinking-thinking about you. Every single day yes, I'm really missing-missing you.” Walker sang with the boys. “And all those things we use to-use to-use to do. Hey girl, what’s up, it use to be just me and you.”
“I spend my time just thinking-thinking-thinking about you.” Lucas sang while dancing “Every single day, yes I'm really missing-missing you. And all those things we use to-use to-use to do.”The boys sang together. “Hey girl what’s up, what’s up, what’s up, what’s up?”
“Can you meet me halfway?” Violet dancing with the girls sang. “Right at the boarderline, that's where I'm gonna wait for you” Violet pointed at the audience. “I'll be lookin out, night and day. Took my heart to the limit, and this is where I'll stay.”
“Oh... Oh...” Everyone sang together “I can't go any further than this. Oh… I want you so bad it's my only wish.”
“Girl, I travel around the world and even sail the seven seas” Charlie sang while Violet was dancing. He started dancing toward Violet. “Across the universe I go to other galexies. Just tell me where you want, just tell me where you wanna to meet. I navigate myself- myself to take me where you be. Cause girl I want, I-I-I want you right now.” Charlie pointed to Violet. “I travel up town-town I travel downtown. I wanna to have you around-round like every single day. I love you away... anyway.” the boys sang together again.
“Can you meet me halfway?” Violet sang with the girls, she looked confused for Charlie. “I’ll meet you halfway!” everyone sang. “Right at the boarderline; that's where I'm gonna wait, for you.” Amy and Gina sang together “I'll be lookin out, night and day. Took my heart to the limit, and this is where I'll stay.”
“Oh… Oh… I can't go any further than this.” all the New Directions sang “Oh... Oh... I want you so bad it's my only wish.”
“Meet me half way, right at the boarderline; That's where I'm gonna wait, for you” Amy sang with Randy. “I'll be lookin out, night and day. Took my heart to the limit, and this is where I'll stay.” Violet sang.
“Oh… Oh… I can't go any further than this.” Everyone sang. “Oh… Oh… I want you so bad it's my only wish. Oh… Oh… I can't go any further than this. Oh… Oh… I want you so bad it's my only wish.” All knuckled their heads down at the end.
Nobody from the audience spoke. All were silent, no cheering, no whisper was heard. The New Directions began to worry. Until they heard someone clapping slowly. The person stood up while applauding. Justine recognized Anne, the new cheerleader. Then other people began to applaud, but not with the animation of Anne. Still, it was better than nothing.
- We got it. - Gina whispered to Justine.
New Directions bowed and left the stage. Everyone was surprised by the reaction of people.
- They liked it! - Amy cried as he celebrated in the empty halls of the school.
- Not so much. - Randy corrected.
- I am so happy that my first performance was a success. - Charlie said.
- It wasn’t a success. It was only the beginning. - Walker said, noting in his notepad with a red pen.
- Justine, I think we are pleased to thank you for teaching us to dance Meet Me Halfway. - Lucas said sitting on the floor.
- I'm a Cheerio. Dancing is part of my job.
- I'm surprised that the first person who cheered was one of the cheerleaders. - Violet said. - It changes my view of Cheerios. No, not to much. - She shrugs.
Everyone laughs, until Justine, who was part of Cheerio.
- You are so cool. I don’t understand how no one likes the Glee club - Justine commented.
- We are the losers. We pursue dreams that can’t reach them. - Randy said sarcastically.
- If you were losers, no one would know of the existence of this club. - Justine said. Only after he had said what he saw made a mistake. She didn’t have to be their friend, but only to spy the glee club. But why Justin had the feeling that Sue was wrong?
- Thanks Justine, but that's the truth. - Walker said with a shoulder. - I doubt that anyone can begin to respect us after this presentation.
Justine didn't know what to do. Additional support or getting to be ignorant? She did not want to hurt them if they discover the reason for entering the Glee Club. So innocent, she thought.
- Let's make a deal. - Justine said with a smile - I will help you at the dance, because no hard feelings, you dance as if he had a squirrel in his pants. - Everyone laughed. - Agreed?
The next day, Gina was getting his books when Lucas went to her locker.
- Hey Gina.
- Hey Lucas. - She said, smiling. - Why are you so happy?
- Not noticing anything new about me?
Gina analyzed the look of Lucas. Hir hair was arranged as usual, no change in the face. Then she looked at the clothes. The usual: jeans, brown shoes and ...
- Why you wearing the jacket of the football team? - Gina asked. Then she understood. - Oh my God.
- Yes, I want to introduce the newest member of the football team, Lucas Halen. - Lucas spun. Gina laughed.
- This is great. You're on the popular team now. - Gina said as she closed her locker. - But how did you make the team if the auditions are over?
- Well... Let me say that Thompson Jr. helped me a little - Lucas shrugged.
Shannon Beitse was in the men's room when Charlie and Lucase entered.
- Coach Beitse. I want to introduce you Lucas Halen, my friend. - Charlie pointed to Lucas.
- Halen? You are the son of the football player Halen? – Beitse asked surprise.
- Yes, Coach. And I would like to be part of your football team, if you please.
- And that's what happened. It's weird, you know? - Lucas leaned against the lockers next to Gina - I dressed well, everybody started treating me differently.
- Of course. - Gina said - You are now a part of popular.
- But doesn’t mean that I will leave aside the Glee Club.
- This is a cool act. I mean, you won’t let the Glee Club only because of the football team, right?
- Of course not. - Lucas said. But he did not know how to tell Gina that he only joined the football team for it. In addition, Coach Beitse said thousands of school kids beg to stay in his place. But ...
- There's something I don’t understand. - Luca said.
- What? - Gina asked.
- I didn’t asked Charlie if he could help me to join the football team. It was he who gave me the idea.
- Maybe he was just being nice to you. You know, people like him do things just for money - Gina shrugged. - But I don’t see a reason that Charlie just got done for something bad ...
Lucas didn’t want to think that way. If it was so bad that someone would be part of the football team?
- Guys, I want to congratulate you for the presentation you made. - Will spoke to members of New Directions in the Choir Room. - I think this year was the first we didn’t have a ‘sexy’ riot.
- But nobody liked our presentation. - Amy said sadly.
- If anyone would like, we would have here a new member of the Glee club. - Will said.
- But Justine has already made her audition. - Randy said confused.
- I'm not talking about Justin. I’m talking about Rachel Cruz. - Will pointed to the door and Rachel entered the Choir Room.
- Hello everyone. - Rachel spoke with a thin voice. She looked at Violet - Hello Einstein.
- Take me anywhere away from this girl. - Violet whispered with his eyes closed.
- As Mr. Shue said, I'm doing my audition for the Glee Club - Rachel said with a wicked smile.
- This Boo Boo Fille is making fun of me all the time! - Violet said pointing at Rachel.
- Boo Boo Fille? - Justine asked.
- I don’t care about your charges, Vivi. - Rachel spoke - Furthermore, with your accent on Halloween, I will considered Boo Boo a compliment.
Violet looked at the wall in anger.
- Anyway, I'm Rachel Cruz, the most popular girl in school and I’ll sing Best Friend's Brother by Victoria Justine.
The guitarist began playing and Rachel smiled.
“I call you up when I know he's at home. I jump out of my skin when he picks up the phone.” Rachel sang. “What can I tell if he's looking at me? Should I give him a smile? Should I get up and leave? I know it's strange, I don't what I'm thinking; but is it wrong if I see him this weekend. I really hope I can get him alone. I just don't, don't want her to know.”
“Yeah! My best friend's brother is the one for me. Yeah! A punk rock drummer and he's 6 foot 3
I don't want to, but I want to; cause I just can't get you out of mind! Yeah! My best friend's brother is the one for me!” Rachel sang while dancing. “BFB, BFB!” Rachel yelled at Justine and the girls, less Violet “My best friend's brother, my best friend's brother”
“Cause he's such a dream… Yeah. And you know what I mean; if you were a bit late.” Rachel took the microphone and sing again.
“Yeah! My best friend's brother is the one for me. Yeah! A punk rock drummer and he's 6 foot 3; I don't want to, but I want to; cause I just can't get you out of mind and… Yeah! My best friend's brother is the one for me'!” Rachel sang while all the girls got up and danced with the boys. Violet and Randy were the only ones sitting. “BFB, BFB!” the girls shouted “My best friend's brother, my best friend's brother!” Rachel sang looking at Violet angry “BFB, BFB!” the girls shouted again “My best friend's brother , my best friend's brother”
Everyone applauded. Violet was the only one who had made no movement from the beginning of the song.
- Thank you. - Rachel said giving a wicked look to Violet.
Charlie knocked on the door of the office of Sue Sylvester.
- Coach Sylvester? - He asked as he opened the door.
- Charlie Sheen. Come in. - Sue was sitting in his chair. Charlie came in and sat on the chair in front of Sue.
- I heard you joined the Ew Club. - Sue said.
- Yes. This week.
- One question, Charlie Sheen. Why Ew Club didn’t present Cell Block Tango? - Sue asked as she put on her glasses.
- I told them. But Violet chose Black Eyed Peas. - Charlie replied. - She seems to have some influence over them.
- So we have to take that influence them - Sue said.
- Sheen, you know, I always imagined you being a great leader. Why not try to be the captain of Ew Club and let our flower bloom. With you. - Sue pointed to Charlie.
- Betraying the trust of Violet? But she will hate me for the rest of my life. - Charlie thought the first time I saw Violet. It wasn’t in his audition. He was spying was when the first auditions of the Glee Club. When Violet started singing, hir heart began to beat rapidly. She had a great voice and was very beautiful for a French daughter. And he only agreed to help Sue Sylvester in order to stay close to her and know her better.
- Charlie.- Sue put her hand on the shoulder of Charlie - Remember: with the club impersonator Smash, you can never show the talent you have. And I know that one of your dreams is to be a star. But don’t go that route. Nothing about theater and presentations that start in the middle of nowhere. The world needs to be more realistic, right?
Charlie sighed. – I just don’t want to put Violet on it.
- There are certain things we have to sacrifice to get what we want. - Sue said.
Charlie had nothing else to say. He had to do it: do everything to destroy the Glee Club.
The Reason by Hoobastank. Sung by Charlie;
There's A Fine, Fine Line by Avenue Q. Sung by Justine;
Meet Me Halfway by Black Eyed Peas. Sung by New Directions;
Best Friend Brother (BFB) by Victoria Justine. Sung by Rachel;
- as Amy Summers (Freespirit101)
- Logan Lerman as Charlie John Thompson (ArpickgLeeker);
- Scarlett Johanson as Gina Marie Dower (Silvereye1);
- Emily DiDonato as Justine Callaway (Theunitedstateofme);
- Drew Roy as Lucas Halen (BloodAndy);
- Victoria Justine as Rachel Cruz (Gleek.142);
- Nicholas Hoult as Randy Trainer (UnkownPerson123)
- India Eisley as Violet Lambert (Samchel fan)
- Alexander Ludwig as Walker Nathanial Parker (QFabrayGleek4eva)
- Matthew Morrison as Will Shuester
- Ana de Armas as Mary Anne Joyce Solé(MaryPierceLopez)
- Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester
- Dot-Marie Jones as Shannon Beitse
- Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins